• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good News

Jamescad04

NAXJA Forum User
So I pulled apart my axle yesterday because I have a 96 auto 8.25 and I wasn't sure if it was 27 or 29 spline and it turns out I had a 29! :cheers:
I also did a write up on it because I couldn't find much out there on the information.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1013246

So now I am rebuilding my front and rear axle and want to re-gear I'm putting 33's on. I just wanted to see what you guys would recommend I'm going to completely rebuild, seals, bearings, spider gears, ring and pinion, everything. I don't think I'm going to do lockers though I've never been a big fan of em and this is my dd. Just let me know what you think any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

Writeup is great! Thanks a lot! One of these days I need to check if my rear DS is 27 or 29, though hopefully I'm getting a new one with 4.10:1 gears tomorrow morning.

You're so lucky to not live in the rust belt, your axle housing is probably barely rusted... mine are rusted very badly. Sounds like you've got everything covered on the rebuild though!

Writeup is great! Thanks a lot! One of these days I need to check if my rear DS is 27 or 29, though hopefully I'm getting a new one with 4.10:1 gears tomorrow morning.

You're so lucky to not live in the rust belt, your axle housing is probably barely rusted... mine are rusted very badly. Sounds like you've got everything covered on the rebuild though!

I used to live there I know all about it but luckily I bought my Jeep down here so its extremely clean!
And thanks for commenting on the writeup. I always wonder if people really like those things I know I love em and read em all the time even if it doesn't pertain to my current situation.

Throw some 4.56 gears in, new bearings and seals as part of the install, your current spider gears are fine.. they don't really wear out.

Back