• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK RUBICON SHOCKS ON A XJ

2000'XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So there was a question on here about one to two months ago about installing JK shocks on an XJ. Well My brother gave me his shocks off of his 08 JK Rubicon. I have installed about 2" of lift on my XJ and during that time installed longer OEM quality shocks (Sensatrak). I had a hard time deciding to take off the shocks I had just paid $200 for and switch over; but I did.

I took the JK shocks and pushed out the bushing where the bar pins would go for my XJ. I removed the bar pins from my original shocks and installed the appropriate places using a vise, silcon spray (lubricant), and several appropriately sized sockets

I installed the new rear JK shocks on my XJ (about 15 minutes total).

I test drove down the block pulled a U'ey and WOW what a difference.

I installed the front and drove to the south hills, offroad area.

What a difference the rubicon shocks were versus the sensatraks. I drove down several whoops areas faster than I ever would of (45MPH!!!). The larger diameter shocks and of course pressurized nitrogen shocks work awesome.

So, the moral of my story is it took about 1 1/4 hours a set of JK shocks and I had a NEW vehicle with a firm comfortable ride.

Back