• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil spring ID

Rubicon Express of some sort, I know that much. Anybody have any measurements of some out of the vehicle?

Not with those numbers!

Measure the spring rate - weigh yourself, then find a way to stand on top of the spring with all your weight and have a helper measure the new height. I'd suggest a vertical (fixed) steel pipe up the center of the spring with a piece of 1" plywood slid down over the top big enough for your feet. Divide your weight by the amount it compressed... that is the spring rate. Should give you a better idea, since you can find tables of which springs have what spring rate in various places on the net.

Measure the spring rate - weigh yourself, then find a way to stand on top of the spring with all your weight and have a helper measure the new height. I'd suggest a vertical (fixed) steel pipe up the center of the spring with a piece of 1" plywood slid down over the top big enough for your feet. Divide your weight by the amount it compressed... that is the spring rate. Should give you a better idea, since you can find tables of which springs have what spring rate in various places on the net.

It would be alot easier to measure the spring and use one of the caculators!

Back