• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok i need some advice guys

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
I have been crawling for a while now but i am starting to get into the jeep speed part. So i have a trussed front end. I am sitting at about 6.5 to 7 in long arm lift in the front and 5 in in the rear end. I went out today and jumped a few jumps around my neighbor hood and i ended up ripping out the top shock from the body. So i was thinking limiting straps but how would i go about figuring out what size. Is it better to get longer shocks and then getting limit straps that are about an inch shorter?
DSCF4684.jpg

Yeah, just make the straps an inch shorter than the shocks when fully extended. Straps come in one inch increments, and you can get adjustable upper limit strap mounts.

If you get new longer shocks, then you have to get new longer limit straps.

Thanks richard. Where is the best place to mount the straps? Since I am not running factory UCA I was wondering if i can use that and then tie into the LCA mount on the axle. Or should i do a single strap in the middle?

no longer working... This is the first time i have really jumped it and found kinks i need to work out. Limit straps, bump stops and shocks possibly...

Back