• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Linkage question

Stubbs

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ that had to have a transfer case rebuild last winter. Due to the divorce,:gee: off roading has not been possible over the summer, and when the local shop rebuilt the TC, they didn't have the connector between the linkage and the case. I can't remember what he called it, but apparently their is some sort of grommet that holds the linkage onto the handle of the TC.

What is this part called, and where can I find it online? Snow is predicted for Wednesday, and I need the 4WD working. I probably won't get the part installed before then, but the last few winters have been pretty bad and I need to fix this.

Any help you folks could give would be appreciated.

Stubbs

There are hard nylon inserts that are pressed into a number of places in the tc linkage, like a bushing, then the ends of the rods are pressed into the nylon bushings.

If that is what you need, then I think the dealership is where you are going to have to get them, or a salvage yard.

Thanks for this. I was hoping not to give my dodge dealer any more money:flamemad:, they have got enough of mine already, and don't deserve any more. That's why I wanted to find an online source.

But the dealer it is.

Thanks,

Stubbs

Back