• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reinforcing stock LCA brackets - body end

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Anyone did that? Looks like my right one wants to divorce the body...... I"m thinking about bulding set of reinforcements similar to what the MJ's come with....

I'm thinking I may do so when I get around to throwing new LCA brackets on my axle as well. Post up pics of whatever you come up with!

I tied my LCA mount into the UCA mount with 1/4" plate, then braced it all to the "framerail" with mire 1/4.

Click me

:cheers:

Robert

Cut them off, plate it and weld on a new, smoother mount. Here's the ones from Poly Performance on my TJ.

Front mount:
large.jpg

Ok... so the scoop is I took the easy way out and threw rod at it ;) I'm pretty sure I know when the original damage to this one happened (couple years ago I nailed a huge rock and caved in the drivers side mount and frame rail) so I figured go through the cracked weld, separated joint and it'll be all good. Also layed a couple of beads on the edges that were only spot welded originally. We'll see how it holds up.

Scott Rozman wrote a tech article on MADXJ years back. He used a set of replacement MJ mounts and welded them over the old ones. The article is still there on MADXJ.com > Click on Technical articles.

Ron

If I still ran a short arm setup, I'd do what Paul S did way back when and chop off the stock LCA and move them back and up, so you can run a mid-length LCA. Better angles and ground clearance too.

If I still ran a short arm setup, I'd do what Paul S did way back when and chop off the stock LCA and move them back and up, so you can run a mid-length LCA. Better angles and ground clearance too.

I did consider that but it's more work then I'm up for right now ;)

Back