• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshaft, sye, the more i read the more confused i get.

61scout80

NAXJA Forum User
1987 4.0, peugot 5 speed and an np231.

I'm installing a set of deaver 4.5" rear springs with the RE boomerang shackles. I also have an AA SYE.

I have been reading that some people could simply use a stock front shaft in the rear with the SYE. then i read that is with the autos only and standards need to be extended. But my trans appears to be longer than the ax5 in my other xj. I have 2 front drive shafts, one that will remain in the front and another that i intend to use in the rear.

Will I need to extend the front driveshaft that i intend to use in the rear with my engine and trans combo?? :dunno:

Sorry for the simplistic question, but after weeks i have not found the solid answer i need. I'm sure i'm not the first to do this with this combo....

I don't know about the Peugot but why not try and see if it's long enough?

it's wheeling season, and i don't want miss a weekend because i need to get the shaft lengthened :rattle:

i can guestimate, but i was just hoping for the confidence of hearing "yeah, i did it, it's fine" or "that's close to my setup and it didn't work".

If your shafts came from a stick and you have a stick they should be fine? Measure them up!

Back