• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help!!! WIERD ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS IN MY 99

yankeefan303

NAXJA Forum User
So I have been searching and just don't seem to find the answer that I am looking for. The electronics in my 99 are driving me nuts. I just fixed the power window issue thanks to a thread I found on this site, but I am still having weird issues. Only one of my map lights work. My power locks do not work. If I have my radio on and the wipers on at the same time the radio cuts out every time the wipers go. If I try roll up or down my power windows when the radio is on it cuts out as well.

Driving Me nuts!!! :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Sounds like you have a wonky ground issue or a marginal power wire or fuse to the accessory power bus to me. All that stuff is powered off the "on while running" accessory bus, except for the power locks and the lights, which are on the "always hot" bus I believe... Anyone have a 99 FSM handy to check if I'm right on which of these issues are common to one set of fuses/wires?

Yes, check grounds and block... Also, from the factory, most front doors on XJs have short wire harnesses going to them. If you open and close the door repeatedly, you can begin to pull wires out of their connectors... This may cause some of your problems (I had this problem with window switches and speaker wires)... You check your harnesses for pulled wires and modify to suite....

Back