• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust help

Mutant_Xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to do my exhaust over and have an Idea of what I want and figure I'll run it by you guys first.

First I already have the APN headers sitting in my jeep, FedEX dropped them off today. I'm thinking from that get a new front pipe and have a shop weld in a flex pipe section. Anyone know where I could find a mandrel bent front pipe?
Then for a Cat I was thinking about a magnaflow spun cat.
http://www.jegs.com/p/Magnaflow/Magnaflow-Spun-Cat-Universal-Catalytic-Converters/763223/10002/-1
Looks like it would stay out of the way better then my stock on did. Right now it's punched through because the honeycomb got busted up and turned sideways.
Then I'm undecided on the muffler. I want something that wont wake the neighbors at 5:30 in the morning when I leave for work, yet have a decent sound. I've heard the Flowmaster 44's arn't too bad, any opinions?
Tail pipe I don't know if it would be better to go 2.5 or 2.25 all the way back. I'm planning on finding out how much a local shop wants to do the tail pipe if it's close to anything good I can find online I'll have them do it. If not I'll order it.
Give me your advice

I'm running a magnaflow on mine for the muffler and like the sound. Quite at idle and opens up nice. Straight through flow design.

Here is where I had a flex section put in

dpgright.jpg

ive got the thrush turbo on my 96, just dumping out after the muffler right now. its loud and sounds good at lower rpms (idle - 2000), but after it grows really quiet (opposite of what youd expect in other words). not sure if its just because of my setup (lack backpressure?), but something to consider

joe_peters - thanks for the link I think I may go with that cat.

Winkosmosis - I came across your picture before while searching. I didn't get a chance to crawl under my jeep and look yet but can a shorter piece be welded in further up? I'm worried about hitting the pipe between the oil and tranny pans. I already have a few small dents on my stock pipe.

also who sells a good front pipe, or is that something I can get a shop to do for a reasonable price?

Any shop should be able to make one for you.

Back