• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Morongo Basin Search and Rescue Run?

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone else here make it out to the run in Johnson Valley this weekend? I went out there and had my first taste of Johnson Valley rock crawling Saturday. Smashed my rocker in...wish I wouldn't have procrastinated my sliders...I might just end up selling the sliders and cutting out the rockers to replace with some 2x4 or 2x6 square tube. Knowing me I won't, unless straightening the pinch seam is more difficult than anticipated.

No one else was out there, eh? There were a few nice looking XJs. I followed a group of Scouts for a little while, made me appreciate my XJ all the more, watching how bouncy they were and how much they leaned over everything. The XJ stayed fairly level most of the time.

Tried out the RTI ramp back at camp, scored a 900. Not too bad. Just don't make the mistake of watching the tubed out Wrangler buggies after. They'll make you feel bad. :D

Back