• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I hate Cops !!!!

The worste thing ever happened this morning. I was sitting in my car warming it up and I got pulled over for looking suspicious. As if that was not bad enough I had an old ticket I forgot about so they told me I had a suspended license. They towed my car away and I am not sure when I will have the money to get it out. I have to go pay for what ever ticket to get my license back and then pay the impound fee...... this really sucks, I just spent the last of my cash getting my tires that will be here on tues. I am sorry to vent but they took away my will to live : (

Next time, don't forget to pay your tickets.

Forgot about a ticket.. Did you forget about insurance or anything else? I'm sorry, but the cop isn't the problem here. I do agree, your situation sucks. You can fix it though, there are worse things that can happen to you.

There are bad guys out there who need catching and there are people who just dont quite have their act together. The people who dont have their act together sometimes just need a kick in the butt to get going. Sounds like he was a little hard on you towing your vehicle. Were you polite to him/her?

When I was 17 or so I had similar problems, a fix it ticket and an out of date registration etc. Its hard when you are young, but it can be done. I have 5 cars a boat, a house, two kids, a dog, and lots of responsibilities. It used to be that I couldnt even pay my registration. You can get here from there.

Take responsibility for your own actions. In 10 years you will barely remember this happening if you get your sh%t together.

Feel the love,
KH
(I'm hoping you aren't 47 and a divorced alcoholic, I read your post and instantly thought you were younger. I wasn't trying to insult you.)

His profile says 28, but people dont mature as quick in California, so you gotta give us some time.

You will probably loose your rig for 30 days, I just went through the same thing. It cost me $1000 to get my jeep back, but I had 30 days to do it. Just my .02 because I went through this last month.

cops or not, everyone can be a prick. one time, I thought I was on top of my shiat and found that a parking ticket that i thought I had paid about 4 years ago, came back to haunt me and found out I had a warrant out for my arrest. and it was for a whopping $15 parking ticket. Sometimes things slip the mind...

BRADFORDXJ said:
I know it is my fault but it still sucks. I have not had any problems with the law in a long time ( about 9 years). I am just afraid I might loose my jeep, thats all.

If you know it was your fault, why the negative comments toward cops?

P

he had no business pulling me over was part of the reason I was pissed. I got pulled over warming up my car on the street. I know I am a retard for being a lagger, things have been really wild here for the past few years. I have just been trying to keep my head above water, I got three kids and a wife that doesn't work so money is really tight. Like Kevin said some of us are one step away from having our stuff together and a little bump in the road reminds us that we don't. Maybe I was a little harsh about all cops, since I have met quite a few that are cool. But I did get lucky, no 30 day impound. I was not able to get my license back today but I was able to pull a fast one at the tow yard, so my girl is back on the street. I don't care if I can't drive her til I get the other stuff worked out. I am just happy I did not loose her. I have been dreaming of fixing her up for a while and waiting for 6 months for a checks from the IRS. I got some of the money last week and I got my lift kit and have tires coming tomorrow. So I am sure regardless of the situation it would suck if that happened to anyone. No more of this crap, I almost had a heart attack. I just ask for a little prayer when I go to court tomorrow so they don't rape me too bad.

Back