• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durango FTL.

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
they are piles. and i will not advise anyone to buy one.

that is why i traded, had an 01' durango with a ton of problems. from oil consumption to quirky transmission issues. there was always a CEL. no matter what i fixed.

Got something better:cheers:
corner.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/may271986/corner.jpg

Yep the Durango is junk. But my father and law had one that was a Saleen 400+ hp 18 or 19" wheels (don't remember) all wheel drive. That thing was bad a$$!! But it didn't tow his travel trailer very well so he traded it in on one of the newer ones and it was junk!

Yep the Durango is junk. But my father and law had one that was a Saleen 400+ hp 18 or 19" wheels (don't remember) all wheel drive. That thing was bad a$$!! But it didn't tow his travel trailer very well so he traded it in on one of the newer ones and it was junk!
saleen durango?

you mean R/T?

Have you, not ever seen the Ford Durango? O-MG! NW-Scott, you need to get out more. I'm really disappointed in you this time.

hasta

No animals were harmed during the typing of this joke.

I don't think they could possibly be worse then exploders... driving them and XJ's as patrol cars for a couple years I would rather climb into an 89 XJ patrol car that has everything still working then a 06 exploder that broke down regularly within a year of purchase.

.....err delete

I've got an '05 Durango - it's no worse than any other of the new or newer American trucks or SUV's I've owned over the years. I chose the Durango over the other SUV's out there because I've always liked the Dodge front sheetmetal, I didn't want a Tahoe or Expedition like everyone else out there. Had a friend that owned an R/T that he slapped a supercharger on after the warranty expired - wicked fast little truck, don't remember him ever having problems with it - but he DID actually maintain it well.

I've got an '05 Durango - it's no worse than any other of the new or newer American trucks or SUV's I've owned over the years. I chose the Durango over the other SUV's out there because I've always liked the Dodge front sheetmetal, I didn't want a Tahoe or Expedition like everyone else out there. Had a friend that owned an R/T that he slapped a supercharger on after the warranty expired - wicked fast little truck, don't remember him ever having problems with it - but he DID actually maintain it well.
05' was the crossover year, i absolutly hate that body style. BUT they do win in the power department, the fact that the newer durango can tow as much as the ram is impressive.

I maintained mine, but on the other hand i drove the piss out of it. It was purchased nov 08 with 151k on it. it was traded in with 176k thats 25k in less then a year.
In that time i did tranny services, full tune up, oil changes monthly, sensor after sensor after sensor.
but its all good, i cant honestly say the 5.9 zj is going to be more reliable, its prone to problems aswell, d44a carrier bearings, transmission glitches, electrical issues..

Not to mention lifting them is way more expensive then an XJ.. but so far its been great.

How do you like the 5.9 ZJ? Did you buy it lifted or stock?
its mildly lifted. way more torque then im used to, but really not much "faster" its just got a more aggressive torque curve then the durango. the durango made its power higher up in the band. (4.7l)

Love the interior, 3" exhaust sounds great.. no real complaints, Its a 3" pro comp lift, and i personally am not a fan of pro comp. the plans are Iron rock offroad will get some business.
and to ditch the ugly wheels with some rockcrawlers or soft 8s..

Nice, I am picking up a 5.9 ZJ tomorrow. I had a 5.2 ZJ lifted and locked that I sold a little bit ago.

I'm gonna throw on a 2" lift then save for the Claytons front and rear.

Yours looks awesome!

Any reason why you want the Iron Rock Setup?

Nice, I am picking up a 5.9 ZJ tomorrow. I had a 5.2 ZJ lifted and locked that I sold a little bit ago.

I'm gonna throw on a 2" lift then save for the Claytons front and rear.

Yours looks awesome!

Any reason why you want the Iron Rock Setup?
Price and quality. my brother inlaw runs the 4.5" kit +BB on his 5.9er and its just a beefy quality kit for a very good price. in the ZJ/WJ market IRO is as popular as RE with the XJ's. they have a good reputation!

i am interested in the 5.5" Critical path setup. Long arms front, adj short arms rear. $1500

right now the rear end on the zj feels loose, and i can tell the tire sticks out on the right side. and the front just uses a bracket for the track bar, so the goal is to upgrade the trac bars. soon.

05' was the crossover year,

Actually, '04 was the crossover year. I learned my lesson with regards to purchasing first-model-year vehicles, made sure to wait on this one. First time I saw the '04, I was completely disgusted. Looked like an engorged tick. Then I saw the concept R/T and warmed up to the style a bit more. Then I envisioned it with the 22" SRT-10 wheels, lowered a few inches, maybe smoothed out trim, mild exhaust - maybe even a supercharger to help with towing duties (yeah, right). I've had it for almost 5 years, I've yet to do ANYTHING to it. It's the first street rig I've ever owned that hasn't been treated to a decent drop and a set of tasteful rims (hate "bling").
While I've warmed up to the new Durango's looks, I have to say that it'll likely be the last big SUV I ever own. So freakin' impractical for a DD, and $30k was WAY too much to spend on something that I'd only use to tow my ATV's (which we sold last year). I don't need 7 seats for my wife, daughter, an 11 pound dog and myself. As things sit, I there's nothing that the Durango can do that my XJ can't.

Back