• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track/Bar Problems

Who's trackbar?

the red locktite needs heat to be removed.

My impact take off nuts & bolts with red locktite with out heat all the time, most the time I cant even tell there is locktite on it. :D

There has to be something else going on. We use the RE bar on our Jeepspeed and have had ZERO problems in 4 seasons of racing.

Thats what I was thinking, it should not just come loose.

I would say new grade 8s with nylocks and locktite wouldnt hurt, and if it still comes loose something is not right.

My impact take off nuts & bolts with red locktite with out heat all the time, most the time I cant even tell there is locktite on it. :D

Thats what I was thinking, it should not just come loose.

I would say new grade 8s with nylocks and locktite wouldnt hurt, and if it still comes loose something is not right.

You have to make sure the threads are clean and dry before applying the loctite or it won't work.

Sounds like you need to beef up the axle side mount. The bolt is basically wearing a groove in the metal in the axle bracket. You can weld a thick washer to the outside of it to give it more to bite into. Is the frame side double shear or a single TRE?

Back