• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ or MJ

XJ - early "small" Cherokee, with the popular "brick" inspired aerodynamics design.
MJ - Small pickup based on the front half of a 4-dr Cherokee with a 6'(short) or 7'(long) bed.
ZJ - Grand Cherokee. Different animal entirely. Only shares front suspension geometry with the XJ/MJ. Pretty much everything is different.

The XJ and MJ can trade parts from the doors forward, think S-10 Pickup/Blazer. The grand is built on a different platform.

Well, no wonder I can't find a trailer hitch on here to fit mine----Thanks for your posts, (and patience)----Where would the best site be for WJ's like mine with a So. Cal for sale like you guys have----Thanks

Happy

Well, no wonder I can't find a trailer hitch on here to fit mine----Thanks for your posts, (and patience)----Where would the best site be for WJ's like mine with a So. Cal for sale like you guys have----Thanks

Happy

You may want to try the North American Grand Cherokee Association (www.nagca.com or www.nagca.org, I don't recall which.)

There are plenty of "dedicated" Jeep boards out there - you can throw in the International Full-Size Jeep Association (www.ifsja.org, I think. Dedicated to the full-size Cherokee (to 1983,) full-size Wagoneer (to 1983, Grand Wagoneer to 1991,) and J-series Pickup (to 1987.))

There are assorted make-specific and model-specific boards at Pirates of the Rubicon as well - www.pirate4x4.com (NB: NOT for the thin-skinned!) This also includes national and regional FS boards.

And, you can also check to see if there are any "local" boards in your area - like we have Bay Area 4x4 (www.ba4wd.com, I think) that is online and meets here in town weekly (about three miles from my house, in fact.)

It may take a little dedication and pillaging around to find something that covers what you need, but I'm sure it's out there! I just cited all of these boards to give you some idea of what's out here with a little looking...

Back