• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear leaf compatability?

teevexj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, so I'm new to the site, and to 4x4s all together. I have an 89 xj with procomp 3" lift, and my leafs are sagged beyond belief. Now I tried doing a search and didn't seem to come up with much, so here is goes.

Is there any junkyard upgrade that is a STOCK direct replacemnt for the rear leafs with around 2-3" lift? Say a 70's chevy or something to that effect? If not as for the basterd pack i've read to just take a stock xj pack and cut off the eyes of the main leaf and to use that for a re-arch. Any info for my newbi-ness would be greatly appreciated. Maybe some pics to aid in my learning aswell.

TIA

Hey, so I'm new to the site, and to 4x4s all together. I have an 89 xj with procomp 3" lift, and my leafs are sagged beyond belief. Now I tried doing a search and didn't seem to come up with much, so here is goes.

Is there any junkyard upgrade that is a STOCK direct replacemnt for the rear leafs with around 2-3" lift? Say a 70's chevy or something to that effect? If not as for the basterd pack i've read to just take a stock xj pack and cut off the eyes of the main leaf and to use that for a re-arch. Any info for my newbi-ness would be greatly appreciated. Maybe some pics to aid in my learning aswell.

TIA

NO STOCK direct replacement.... For a bastard pack you use your current top main spring in combination with donor leafs and the rest of your pack to create a new pack that gives the lift and ride you want. You will need to cut the eyes off of the DONOR packs.

Thanks, that helps me alot. My current spring I know are not aal cause I do not have a spring clamp, any ideas on the best leafs to get to make a 3" lift using my stock mainleafs?

Back