• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jk rubicon wheels on an xj

Robb0h

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

Sorry for the newb question, that probably can also be found with a search. Tried a couple and nothing came up so I thought I'd just ask.

I tried to post in this thread, but it said I didn't have permission:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=990736

At any rate, I've narrowed my search down to two or three xj's. All are stock. one is a 97, one a 98 and the other is an 01 if that matters.

I'm wondering what is the minimum lift I would need to fit jk rubicon wheels like the ones pictured in the above thread without cutting the body. Also, what is the best recommended brand to do for a lift, and also which adapters are considered best.

This will be driven 99.9% of the time on the street so safety and the ride on the street is my primary concern vs. off-road ability or cost.

Thanks in advance for any help. :tear: in advance for any "you poser" flames.

:D

Rob

Hello,

Sorry for the newb question, that probably can also be found with a search. Tried a couple and nothing came up so I thought I'd just ask.

At any rate, I've narrowed my search down to two or three xj's. All are stock. one is a 97, one a 98 and the other is an 01 if that matters.

I'm wondering what is the minimum lift I would need to fit jk rubicon wheels like the ones pictured in the above thread without cutting the body. Also, what is the best recommended brand to do for a lift, and also which adapters are considered best.

This will be driven 99.9% of the time on the street so safety and the ride on the street is my primary concern vs. off-road ability or cost.

Rob

XJs use a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern. JKs use a 5 on 5" bolt pattern. Not interchangeable. You can use TJ wheels on an XJ.

Hello,

Rob
Go with the 97 or 98. You get a better front axle and a more reliable ignition.

I'd recommend Rubicon Express (RE). A little more expensive, but great quality. Fitting those 32", your going to need atleast a 3.5" lift (with lots of bumpstoping). A 4.5" is going to be much more comfortable. Being that it's going to be driven mostly on the street, you may want to save some dough and get the RE 3.5 Super Ride lift.

As for getting those wheels to fit, you can use an adapter. Some people have problems with them, some don't. If you decide to get them, make sure you use lock-tight.

If you want to take a chance, you can find a set of adapters for sale here (mine).

You don't need the pricey stuff... when I picked up my XJ, it had 31" ATs on a set or Rubis.
Listen to that first guy, get the ones that bolt up. That's what were on mine (although a set of wheel spacers would have been nice to have when I got the "inch itch"). It had a 2" BB to make em fit, nothin too extreme. I still have the spacers/blocks, and I'm willing to ship on your dime, if you want em. Here's what it looked like...

PC246193.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. I had found a deal on some nice looking JK rubicon wheels... but now I see it would be a stupid way to go just because I could buy the wheels cheap haha. Will look for TJ wheels AFTER I get my xj :D Missed out on a nice 97 with a 5spd yesterday... boo.

Thanks again,
Rob

You don't need the pricey stuff... when I picked up my XJ, it had 31" ATs on a set or Rubis.
Listen to that first guy, get the ones that bolt up. That's what were on mine (although a set of wheel spacers would have been nice to have when I got the "inch itch"). It had a 2" BB to make em fit, nothin too extreme. I still have the spacers/blocks, and I'm willing to ship on your dime, if you want em. Here's what it looked like...

PC246193.jpg

PM sent........

Back