• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle side track bar reinforcment pics

sullysxj

NAXJA Forum User
So my axle side track bar hole was wallowed out... contributing to the Death Wobble. I replaced the track bar with a RE adjustable and welded a washer to the front of the mount. A month later it started to feel like it wanted to start wobbbling again. plus it was making a loud creak sound. When i took it apart i saw the back side (where the nut is) was also wallowed out. So i was looking for ideas to reinforce both the front and rear of the bracket. I have seen brackets you can weld on but i was looking to see if i can make something first. I can cut a plate for the front but i was looking to see what other people did for the backside. Also is there a slightly larger bolt i should be using with the Rubicon Express track bar?

If this is a hasta then im sorry, when i do a search the track bar and the upper mount keep coming up... not the axle side

Back