• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help/info fast. thanks :) 91 MJ

ncgamedog

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to pick up a super super nice 91 MJ. it has a new 4.0L HO crate engine, zero rust and TJ buckets ect. Here is the kicker! its 2wd. I feel like its worth it, but want to be sure. It has a 2wd ax-15 and 35 rear. What do I need to do to make it a stock type 4x4???? i know I will need the obvious parts, 231, 30 front, drive shafts, and new cross member. Anything else? I mainly want to find out if it is possible to remove the 2wd tail shaft from the ax-15 and bolt the t-case up w/ no mods? Is this possible, or will I need a whole new tranny?
thanks for any light you can shed! -J

The Comanche club will be a good place for help as well, but our trucks aren't much different then an XJ. In regards to the trans, the main shaft of the trans will have to be swapped, so you'd basically be looking at a whole trans rebuild. Might just be easier to pick up a 4wd unit.

I recently converted my 92 MJ to 4wd. Straight bolt in if you have all the right parts.

Look me up on Comanche club - my name on there is GoGetEmTurbo

--Jake

Back