• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix intake/tb swap.

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure this has been covered before but I'm looking for links to threads on swapping in later model intake and tb into a renix.......too tired to search right now.

I didn't think you could swap a later intake onto a renix head. The ports are raised 5/8"(I think) on the HO heads. You might could Dremel it to work I don't know... I was planning the same swap myself except using the 7120 head.

The Renix head needs to be modified for any later intake to work with it. You could swap a 7120 head and use the corresponding intake, or probably the 99+ intake. There is a recent thread about grinding the Renix head to fit a later intake. Another important part is adapting the later TB to work with a Renix TPS, and there is many threads detailing making the adapter, and referencing the adaptor made by Hesco to adapt the TPS.

Here's one describing making an adaptor, and mine's linked from that somewhere:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1003642

Back