• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HaT with front D/S and 35?

XJ=Fun

NAXJA Forum User
I read somewhere that this can not be done because you can not get the proper amount of spline engagement? So what do i need to do to run a front driveshaft on a 35 with the hack and tap sye? Or do i need to use a different shaft? im sorry for such a noob question, and yes i did search, but could not find the exact answer that i needed. If someone has a link to the info that would be great! Also I plan on running the iron rock off road sye/driveshaft combo. I have a 98 with 231 and obliviously a dana 35

it depends on the lift amount. you should be fine up to about 5" lift with a front DS from an XJ. now i have read that some grand cherokees front DS is slightly longer and works for people in your situation.

it depends on the lift amount. you should be fine up to about 5" lift with a front DS from an XJ. now i have read that some grand cherokees front DS is slightly longer and works for people in your situation.

Ok thnxs for the info,im pretty sure that my local machine shop can set me up with the correct length. But im more wondering about getting the proper amount of spline engagement. How will it run if its not proper? Etc.

at ride height it will be fine, i think, depending on your lift height. the problem would be when the rear is lifted when going over bumps etc. how high is it lifted?

If you have a long enough shaft, then the splines shouldnt be a prob.

Get a front DS, and extend it and measure the length. Maybe have otehrs that have a SYe and or HnT to measure their distance bewteen axle and t-case.

itll be close. im at 5.5" with a front shaft and i dont have a problem but i also have a 8.25 rear end so that helps me out a little.

The front shaft which you want to use in the rear is actually 2 pieces that slide to make it longer and shorter during suspension travel. If you have too much lift it is possible for the shaft to pull apart. Then you have all sorts of troubles.

The spline engagement is how much "overlap" there is between the two parts of the shaft when it is installed.

I had no issues with a D35 on 4" of lift and front DS with a HnT. I don't know about 6" of lift in the rear.

Back