• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drivers window "broke"

HMGanja

NAXJA Forum User
(Power Windows) Well this is what happened: I got in the Jeep, rolled the window down about 2in like I always do, drive about another 30seconds and POP. Then the window proceeded to drop allllll the way down. Quickly I might add. I took the door panel off and cant find anything that is broke! I dont really know how these window tracks and motors work on the XJ but I do know the motor is good. It still runs fine when you try the button. Anyway, has anyone had the same problem or is there a known faulty gear or something? I have GOT to get this fixed ASAP. BTW: its a '99 Thanks for any info. Also I searched but didnt really find anything except that the regulators are known to go bad.

Thanks bud! That looks likes its exactly my problem. Also answers my question why I couldnt SEE anything wrong. They tried to hide that little pos didnt they! Thanks again.

No prob, I plan to order that part for mine, however I have a 2 door, so mine has a main bracket and a secondary bracket, whereas the 4 doors only have the main bracket. If my main bracket is broken, I can use that replacement part. If its the secondary I may need to figure something else out. Good luck with yours.

Dan

Back