• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker cranks

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
How important is this 12 counterweight crank? I found someone selling a 4weight 258 for 60$.

It's more a matter of preference than anything else.

If you're working with a manual transmission, a 12-cw crank or an inertia ring in the flywheel isn't a bad idea - particularly for towing, hauling, or off-road (I want a 12-cw when I finally start gathering parts for my own stroker.)

If you're working with an automatic, the power engagement is usually smoother (due to slip in the TC,) and the TC probably weighs more than the flywheel/clutch assembly anyhow. So, it's not that big a problem.

If you're bolting an AW4 behind it, the 4-cw will be just ducky for you. If you're doing the AX-15 or NV3550, how's your left foot co-ordination? If you're good with the clutch, the 4-cw will still carry you - but the 12-cw is still a decent idea. If you're not any goot with the clutch, wait for the 12-cw - the extra rotational inertia will help you on taking off.

Last edited:
Thanks... Don't mind my typo's :D

Back