• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RENIX to H.O. Hesco Price?

stealth919

NAXJA Forum User
Maybe its in here but i can't find anything manufactured to mount my RENIX TPS on my 93 Throttl Body besides the $135 hesco kit. Although its nice it seems very steep. I have seen a couple of the made at home adaptions but i am looking for the oem kind of look. I have an 89 w AW4 and a nice solid 93 HO that i just swaped in with a new head, oil pump, waterpump, distributor, stainless header, gonna have new fuel pump and alternater. So i just want to finish it off nicely, any help would be grately appreciated. Also those of you that have done this swap are you still setting the TPS at 0.800v as it were stock ordid you have to adjust a little differently? Again thanks for any help.

I did it...I built my own and I sure like it. Cost me $15.00 at the local parts store and took 20mn to design, 20mn at the Hardware Store and 30mn at home to assemble and install works great too. Here's some pics hope it works on here.
p_00358.jpg

100_7810.jpg

100_7818.jpg

100_7811Small.jpg

100_7813.jpg

100_7814.jpg

100_7815.jpg

100_7821.jpg

100_7822.jpg

100_7824.jpg

100_7827.jpg

Wished i could have posted oics directly but couldn't figure out how.

just use the IMG tags, its right under the direct link option you used. you dont have to be a member here to post pics :cheers: i fixed em for you.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=989785

Mine is not nearly as elegant as many others, but indeed works. It is adjusted exactly as recommended by the FSM for the Renix. I see no reason to adjust it any differently than stock, since when it's done, it should operate exactly as stock - everything with a wire connected to it is Renix, therefore the system is Renix.

Thanks Jeeper I'll have to remember that for next time :wave1:

Yeah i was hoping it would work as stock, but i didnt know if with the different cam specs, throttle body, head etc. if maybe one has to fine tune to get the right mix. I was going to mess with it in a couple days, sure is nice having it back on the road though. I have most the specs available except the ho tab to roll pin degree offset it was a set together and best guess mark then off to the drillpress :eyes:

I know this is a old tread but i think this is the best homemade kit i have found I wish the sizes were on there too

ditto, by far the best, i'm glad you bumped it...i'm gonna have to make me one of them now that i'm reg in nv, i can get rid of my egr again. Back to HO woot woot

hey I did go to the store and i did do some sreaching and I fould what I think is the same parts but not 100% i can the sizes writen down if you would like to have them I can send them and the part now cost about $19.43

OK, I dont know how to post pictures on here so i am going to go off stealth919. In picture 1 --- The steel tube is 1/4 I.D. x 3/8 O.D. x 1" The 2 bolts are M- 5x40mm 0.80 pitch allen head. In picture 2 --- The tubes on the bolts are Bronze Bearing 1/4 I.D. x 3x8 O.D. x 1". Now its the same size as the steel tube. so I bought the steel ones it saved about 4 bucks. In picture 3 --- The Out side tube is--a Bronze Brearing 1/2 I.D. x 3/4 O.D. x 1"1/8. The midder tube is a Bronze Bearing 3/8 I.D. x 1/2 O.D. x 1". As for the inner tube is a Steel tube thats 1/4 I.D. x 3/8 O.D. x 1". The roll pin in the top left is 5x32x1"1/2. In picture 4 --- The plastic thing is a Nylon Flange Bearing it's 1/2" long x 1/16 flange tube The thinknes is 0.260 O.D. Bearing x 0.399 O.D. flange x 0.200 I.D. . The sizes here is that I found --That look like his--- and what I found that fits. I can see that he cut his down like a 1/4" the one I am making I am not really going to cut.

great thanks for that. If you'd like to email me your pics i'll host them up for you. All you have to do is creat a photobucket or image shack account and load the pics onto their then copy paste the share image code for forums onto your post here.

Posting pictures:

1. Chose a photo hosting website--photobucket.com, etc.

2. Sign up for an account on the photo hosting sight you chose.

3. Upload your photos to your account on the photo hosting website.

4. There will be an image location listed for each photo on the website that you have uploaded. COPY that IMG location.

5. Post that IMG location on naxja.

OK, I dont know how to post pictures on here so i am going to go off stealth919. In picture 1 --- The steel tube is 1/4 I.D. x 3/8 O.D. x 1" The 2 bolts are M- 5x40mm 0.80 pitch allen head. In picture 2 --- The tubes on the bolts are Bronze Bearing 1/4 I.D. x 3x8 O.D. x 1". Now its the same size as the steel tube. so I bought the steel ones it saved about 4 bucks. In picture 3 --- The Out side tube is--a Bronze Brearing 1/2 I.D. x 3/4 O.D. x 1"1/8. The midder tube is a Bronze Bearing 3/8 I.D. x 1/2 O.D. x 1". As for the inner tube is a Steel tube thats 1/4 I.D. x 3/8 O.D. x 1". The roll pin in the top left is 5x32x1"1/2. In picture 4 --- The plastic thing is a Nylon Flange Bearing it's 1/2" long x 1/16 flange tube The thinknes is 0.260 O.D. Bearing x 0.399 O.D. flange x 0.200 I.D. . The sizes here is that I found --That look like his--- and what I found that fits. I can see that he cut his down like a 1/4" the one I am making I am not really going to cut.

Thanks for posting this, Nice work stealth.

Back