• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch Noise

Brooks_McClintock

NAXJA Forum User
So this has happened since a recent install of my clutch, I did not install it, my friend (a backyard mechanic) did and he is a pretty knowledgeable mechanic.

So a few days after he installed the clutch (it was a rhino series) something in the clutch system started to squeak. The squeak is a rotational squeak, it speeds up when the jeep accelerates and slows down when I let the throttle is let off. The clutch doesn't make a noise when the pedal is pressed down, and sometimes when it's in a higher gear like 3rd or 4th and never 5th is doesn't make noise.

My bud said it might be a hydraulic problem. Something with the cylinders. I'm clueless when it comes to clutching so any help would be great.

You will have to search for a write up. But ALWAYS replace throw=out and pilot bearings when changing a clutch, ALWAYS.

To fix a bad throw-out bearing, you will have to pull the tranny and t-case and put a NEW one in. Pretty straight foward, just time consuming.

P.S. pick up a Haynes or Chiltons repair manual for your jeep. It will be the best 20 dollars you spend on your Jeep. They're not as good as a FSM but better then winging it.

Good luck

Back