• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RIP Big Blue

BigBlueBeast

NAXJA Forum User
Well went camping with NWXJSCOTT at Jones Creek. He is family to me. So on the second day did a day/night run went well. Third day, fixed brake caliper. Missing bolt. Let younger brother who was on leave from navy test driver it. Took it for a test run to Diamond Mill. Everything was good. On the way back down right after the rock quary he lost control. Fish tailed a couple times went up the dirt enbankment and rolled it over. Total loss. We are both ok. No injuries, except big blue. :angel:

I had an awsome time getting to know you guys and going out in group trips. But im unemployed and until I get a job and my finances back on track, a new jeep is out of the questions. Thanks again for all your advice and help in the past.

(Before)
bigblueFB52.jpg

(After)There is NWXJSCOTT rolling her back on her feet
IMG00143.jpg

Last edited:
Way sorry for what happened to you out there. Glad you all are ok. You know you could always chop off the top throw some roll bars in it and still have a wheeling rig for the summer weather. I'm not saying this in a joking way at all that is what I would look at doing to it.

Well can't say you aren't a trooper then, flip the rig and go back to camp some more.

WOW, glad all is ok. You took quite a tumble. From the pic I can't tell if your front tire is just flat or if your rim is bent.. Good luck

Sorry to hear. Looked like a extremely nice rig. Glad to hear everyone was ok. It could have been alot worse. Keep you head up!

Total Loss? Naa, that'll buff right out.

But if you cant, maybe you can get some advice on how to fix a rolled Cherokee from this guy.

100_3749.jpg

100_3750.jpg

Last edited:
wow! that sucks man ! sorry to hear that. assuming its insured, wait and see what they offer you for it. do the math and maybe, just maybe these guys are right ? maybe its worth buying back and then you have money for a new (used) rig as well? im sure there are more than a few on here including myself that would chip in and help ya buggify it, so you still have a weekend toy.

good luck and glad everyone walked away !!!

Better pics to come from this. had a good week, robs rolled, mine broke.. stuff happens

Rob, everything happens for a reason, maybe this was a good thing, jeff pays off the jeep, you guys use the money for now while you look for work to pay bills, and you can pick up where you left off, whatever your decision is, it will all work out!

cars are a dime a dozen, im sure you will be just as happy if not happier with the outcome, it will just take time. right now your mind is going a million miles a minute and its hard to think straight. obviously i'd like to see you buy another someday. but i know your questioning the whole situation and in all honesty, Im sure i would be thinkin the same stuff you are!

glad everyone's ok, keep your head up, everything happens for a reason! at least you can swap everything onto another one.... look for one thats missing a motor or something major like that, that yours still has... they come along once in awhile for cheap or you haul off motor is blown ar something like that. just be glad eveyone is ok!:thumbup:

I called a couple dealerships and they said that if i can drive my jeep to their lot I can trade it in for cash for clunkers program. What you guys think. Scott, I got your opinion lol

I still say keep it, chop the top off and put in roll bars. If you take it in for that trade in thing they are going to give you next to nothing for it and then you are going to be stuck in some payments on a new rig that you not only can't afford but don't even want. Toob that bad boy out and you still have your trail rig.
BUT if you do decide to take it in we need to talk about them wheels and tires before you do.

id say if the clunkers rought is the way your going to go. strip all your good parts off it. tires,wheels, lift, lights, w/e u want.

then knowing u can get 4500 out of it. find a small car with a cash back bonus from the dealership. $1500cash back lets say. ( clunkers deal only for "new" cars.)

now u have a new car to drive. once that is done u can take you newly aquired cash allowance and buy yourself a new cheap XJ. plus ull have all the old parts from the Big Blue.

They giving 4500 on that clunker deals? Man maybe I should take mine in lol

Back