• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stripped XJ Weight/ Price of Steel

xjnmud

NAXJA Forum User
so i rolled my xj a few weeks ago and am building a new one. I've stripped everything off the old one and am looking to get rid of the skeleton and make a little money, hopefully.

How much does this thing weigh with no axles motor, trans, t-case, doors, interior, bumpers, glass? (this thing is stripped big time)

Does anyone know a good source for the weight of all that stuff?(ive looked)

What is the current scrap price of steel? this is in nc if it makes a difference.

How much money should i be looking for, for someone to come pick it up and sell it for scrap?

i know a stock xj weighs about 3300lbs
and ive seen somewhere that steel is $440 per ton
my insurance company also gave it a salvage value of $340.

Anyway, tell me what you think just trying to get some facts before i start calling around.

i found out its $7 for every 100lbs at my local scrap yard. so how much does this sucker weigh now? anyone know what the I6 and axles weights are??

I took a skeleton of a 96 last week to the recycler and got $64. Its really not worth the effort but if you need it out of the way then its better than nothing. I do not remember the weight.

P1010900.jpg

Back