• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj almost done

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
mail

ok so here is what i have done so far. still need to get the front wheels swaped. i plan on painting the out part of the wheel black so its not all red.

3 inch spacers in front 3 incha add a leaf in rear. dunlop mud rover 31x10.5

only issue i have right now is i cant get the front bolt through the leaf eye. it doesnt line up with body mount. if i back into a curb it moves it but i cant get it just right. i need someone to direct me when to stop and to push the bolt through.
i tried lining up with out axle attached but it didnt work eithier.

Last edited:
Leo, (assuming thats your name) please understand something...

when posting on a Cherokee based forum.. the phrase "XJ" and "Almost done" never ever go in the same sentence..

Be prepared that what you have done, you can never reverse.

I used spray on bed liner from walmart I think it is called plasticote. Its great. Did about 2 coats. Probably need 3. It only took about 2 cans. I love the stuff. I still plan on using it for the very bottom of the xj at the body line down.

I will try to get pics working soon. Or you can go here....

Http:\\www.cherokeeforum.com/showthread.php?t=19639

Photo's are not working for me.
There are lots of "double" posts.

I don't know where you are with your rear springs, but I normally attached the front of the rear springs before the rear. I have done this with and without the axle attached and both have worked. I then attach the shackle in the box and the rear of the spring to the shackle. I have never had too much issue doing it this way although I am sure there are other ways of doing it also that would work fine also.

In some cases (normally with the front control arms, not the rear springs) I have been known to use tie downs, multiple hydraulic jacks, long pry bars, etc to align difficult bolts.

Hope that helps,
Michael

In some cases (normally with the front control arms, not the rear springs) I have been known to use tie downs, multiple hydraulic jacks, long pry bars, etc to align difficult bolts.

"Monkey on a stick" worked the great for me... if u know what that is. im shure it has a teq name...

3" spacers ehh...wow that's big.

~Scott

Yeah its ig but I got the spacers the rear springs with the AAL in them and 4 31x10.5 dunlop mud rovers for $150. I want to get 3 to 4 inch lift springs when possible and just sell or give away the spacers.

Back