• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 fuel pump in a 90

ceb0217

NAXJA Forum User
soon I will be puting a 96 motor in and I was going to use the intake and TB from the 96 with the renix eletronix I have a complete doner xj (rollover) but I dont want the OBDII stuff. is there any advantage to using the 96 pump ?? I do have the complete fuel system (tank,pump,lines,even the filter)

Last edited:
The 96 fuel system operates at higher pressure(49 psi). It also does not have a return line. You need to use the Renix fuel injectors, which work at 39psi. You will likely need to retain the Renix fuel pump, and make the fuel rail/regulator work on the newer intake. I know the renix fuel rail does not bolt to a 91-95 intake, but I've seen posts implying that it will fit on later intakes. I do not believe using the newer pump would have any advantage, and most likely the engine would not run properly unless you used the 49psi regulator and found injectors that fit the wiring and flowed 18.6ish lb/hr at 49psi. I don't remember the formulas to figure out how much the Renix injectors would flow at 49psi, but it would be less lb/hr than at 39psi.
It is also possible that the fuel guage would not work properly with the 96 pump, as the sensor is part of the pump.
Renix swaps are fun !:D

Back