• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zombie escape vehicle

That dude with the killdozer sealed himself in with concrete and metal. Took cops a few hours to get his body out (punched his own ticket). I doubt zombies have access to jack hammers and torches.

That's why the killdozer would be the best option. Just come out packin' when you need to fuel up.

I see you have a 30.30 lever action scout rifle. Dont forget to double tap and stay away from roadside attractions where you could score a twinkie

Well for a Zombie rig I would want weight and power plus the ability to hit things and keep going. It should have some speed but no need to be a hotrod. An exo is out of the question as it gives a lot of places to hold on to. A cage would be good cause if you do roll you want to live and be able to get out and away.

Heavy: If the rig is heavy then you can use the weight to push other cars and truck out of the way. It would be harder to stop. This would also help keep them from being able to tip the rig if they are smart enough to figure that out.

Shooting Holes: None. Shooting holes mean there is a way for Zombie blood to get in. This would be bad cause this could mean you are now a Zombie in a box. Why shoot them if they cant touch you anyway.

Fuel: Need to have plenty of fuel but make sure to start with a full tank. A transfer tank would be a good mod as you would have more range. Remember you will need to get fuel at some point so stop at the first gas station you come to once out side town and fill up using a hose from the in ground tanks (no power).

Guns & other: A bat is nice for being quite but you are now really close to them. A gun is louder but you are not as close and once you have to use it you should be bugging out anyway. Use a gun you can get ammo for anywhere. 9mm is good as well as .40, .45, 12g., 410g, 30-06, etc. Remember you don't know how the Zombie thing is transmitted so blood on you and spit, sweat, bite, anything is bad. Keep a good 5-10 feet from them as much as you can.

Get out of Town: You want to get as far from people as you can. This could mean the desert or mountains. Less people to start with means less Zombies.

Strong Bumper: You need to be able to hit things and keep going. This could mean a smart car or a full size truck. Hit it hard and don't lift. It should also hold a winch with in cab controls so you can get unstuck.

I would use a deuce-n-a-half myself (bobbed) with a large steel box on the back. Have the transfer tank just behind the cab down low. Food, water, ammo, etc in the back and room for your family. Don't plan on room for anyone else cause that means a bigger rig and more food and water. Carry two spare tires on rim. For the windshield use 2" Lexan or polycarb with a mesh on the out side. This will keep the Zombie out and still be able to see. Make it so you can remove the Lexan in the doors for air flow but the mesh would stay. Hatch on the roof of the cab to escape if needed and one on top of the steel box as well as a back door.

Fuel: Need to have plenty of fuel but make sure to start with a full tank. A transfer tank would be a good mod as you would have more range. Remember you will need to get fuel at some point so stop at the first gas station you come to once out side town and fill up using a hose from the in ground tanks (no power).

1. Bring a pair of bolt cutters since most of the fill ports and vapor recovery ports have a lock on them to prevent theft (oh the irony).

2. Bring a long hose so you can reach the bottom of the tank. A large tank could be 60" in diameter.

3. Don't remove gas from a tank whose ports are open - else you'll get a lot of water.

4. Make sure you have a way to suck the fuel from the tank to your truck.

Ok, first things first no I don't believe the "zombies" are coming however like th point was made already some of the tactics would work well with natural disasters, pandemics, government meltdown, etc.

I would also like also point out no I am not an "expert" however a lot, and boy do I mean alot , of tax payer dollars were spent on training me how to shoot, drive, and survive with and in most ennviroment. I would prioritize in this order: transport, supply, defence, resupply/offense. Take it from the special forces, I will us Marine Force Recon as an example. Yes they have acess to every weapon system know to man, yet they travel very lightly armed, why? Simple answer they are not designed to fight a toe to toe fight with large opossing forces, if they make contact it is the "violence of action" they bring to bear and they break contact. So I would look at making my XJ, assuming you only have 2 maybe 3 people to transport with more I would look at larger suvs/trucks. Make it survivable, you don't need to worry about IEDs but simple armor, like it has been suggested expanded metal over your glass, maybe even replace all but the windsheild with Lexan? Then I would beef up you front bumper, winch would be nice but I would think in this regard it may not be a good idea. Under belly skids, you may have to crawl over things that you normally wouldn't think, conrete planters, park benches, trash cans etc, you don't want to get stuck or worst have a brake line get snagged. Low center of gravity is very important, mulit vehicle convoy is great and all but again like was pointed out "shit happens" so look at keepin weight low just as if you where to pack a bag for hiking keep heavy low and centered then work up and out. A trailer would be nice, I would go with a pinel hook style maybe base it off an old d35, Chrysler 8.25, etc with a 5 on 4.5 and spares loaded as previously suggested one on the truck two on the trailer. Maybe even on board air? You can patch a tire quick fill it and roll. Filtration is important not just water but your fuel source too, a hand or electris pump for both and maybe some of the storage tanks like you see farmers put fertilizer in on the side of tractors?

Now for the supply effort I would say pick three spots, all in different places but not entirely if you head to one and its already over run you don't want to go back where you came from, plan enought food, water, fuel to get you "there and back" by doing that you have everything you need to move if plans have to change, the identify places you can cache supplies at, storage facility? A cabin in the mountains? Make that your second goal but I will cover more in the "resupply" part. I believe we use use 4 gal of water per day as a planning norm in the military, and a gallon of water weighs in at 8 pounds a pop!

On the weapons side I see everyones points but let's not look at this in a vacuum, military/national guard will probably be mobilized this gives you potential acces to 9mm, 5.56 nato, 7.62 nato, and .50 bmg, with assortments of fragmentation grenades etc. I would pack a pistol chambered for 9mm, I know when compared to 40s&w or 45cap its crap but when its that or noting I have seen it put down bad guys. An AR style rifle that is chambered for 556nato & 223rem is the way to go, and yes they are NOT the same bullet chamber pressure is higher in the 556 and will destory any gun not rated for it. Maybe a bolt action hunting rifle chambered for .308 win(it is 7.62nato) but not really for defense more for staying resupplied. And my personal favorite a ruger 10/22, ammo is light and every Walmart, gun store, sporting good outlet from here to maine has 1000s of rounds and yes .22 will provide a killing head shot, you will need to double tap but it does the trick plus when you make it to the final safe zone it works great for small game hunting, and it can easily be suppressed(no such this as a silencer)

Resupply/offense: resupply is simple some small game, edible plants, etc. Why offense? Well let's say there is a small population of people near your hide site, if they are "zombies" it is easier to take out 20 zombies then keep pushing mind you this is something you need to think about if you underestimate your "enemy" you are going to be suprised.

That is just my ideas mind you the best thinking is to stay fluid don't expect 50% of your plans to workout, expect the unexpected.

Again, since we talk about zombies A Lot at work what do you guys think of this.

After things settle down and the mass of zombies are taken out and people begin to form settlements and carry on with life, we are still going to have some zombies. As a means of income I am planning to start a zombie brothel.

Now, don't get all grossed out or start judging people when you hear zombie prostitute. It certainly isn't up my alley but who am I to not profit off a great idea. Imagine for a minute, the hottest girl of your choice who is a freshly bitten zombie with no decay or anything weird. She can be yours for cheap and she will be ball gagged so she can't bite. I will offer a line of various scented zombie-febreeze to make her smell nicely and of course some zombie-lube as well. A type of zombie condom will need to be invented but I don't see a problem there, people are taking higher risks out there now.

Or maybe the sex zombie isn't your thing, how about a Guard zombie. You have yourself a nice cabin in the woods with your family, you don't want some band of rebels coming in and taking all your gear. You set up 5 zombies in a fenced in area around your cabin, anyone who gets close has to take down the zombies before getting near you. You could camo out the zombies to make them hard for an intruder to spot. Maybe your going into town and don't want someone messing with your XJ, hitch a pair of zombies to your bumper and you are covered.

The zombie trade would be endless, why kill them all off when they can become a valuable resource?

Good idea but how do you continue their existence? Who decides who gets sacrificed?

Good idea but how do you continue their existence? Who decides who gets sacrificed?

I imagine there will be accidental bites from time to time, if you get bite you go into the zombie trade. If you are a criminal or overall slacker with no contribution you go to the trade also maybe.

I am not certain on the shelf life of a zombie, if you feed it can it stay animated for long periods?

My business model is short term, get in and cash back out quick.

I've got some nice Zombie Killing Tools myself. But I think that in the end, high powered rifles will only weigh you down...In theory and in reading, you would only need to penetrate the skull and kill the brain. Ergo, a nice Ruger 22, with a 30 or 50 round clip would go a lot farther than my Remington 700 300 Win Mag....lighter gun, relatively quiet, very accurate, can carry a shitpot full of ammo without weighing yourself down. I just dont think it will be time for big firepower. With a nice short sword as a backup

Just food for thought. When the apocalypse comes, I'm heading to the hills. Setting up a nice elevated, defensible position and survive. This is where there big gun sniping comes into play.

Good luck.

Just be like Bill Murray, dress and act like a zombie and you're golden. Just don't surprise a non zombie by acting like a zombie...

Pssssshhh....

Me and my homie, the Leprechaun, would jump on our winged unicorns and fly off to safety in Storybook Land where mean ol' zombies aren't allowed.

Last edited:
Back