• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Auto Dimming Rear-View Mirror

Joshua

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I just snagged an auto-dimming mirror from a junkyard ZJ Limited for 5$. Problem is, I didn't look to see what year it was, and now I can't figure out the wires. There are 3 that plug into the rear. Colors are (L to R) yellow/green,solid black, brown green. Any ideas which is power? I'm sure the black is ground. How about the third wire? I don't see any compass or clock 'boxes' in the surface of the mirror. Any advice would be great.

One is for accsesory power the othershould be for auto darking sensor or such. you only need power and ground, I forget which wires do what,apply power to see which one illuminates switch.

If there is a little lens on the back (true front) of the mirror it has the dimming sensor built-in (most do). In that case the extra wire is probably a signal wire for reverse--some of the mirrors open fully when you put the car into reverse so that you have unobstructed view behind you.

Back