• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YOUR chapter

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
So as is visible in other threads over the last year, people seem to be pushing on BOD hard and expecting things to go a certain way and BOD better make it happen.
News flash:
ITS YOUR CHAPTER!
BOD doesn't have to set everything up. wanna get with some guys in you area? Post up. Pick a spot. Pick a time. Post. And see what happens?
Nothing? Welcome to how BOD feels.
Exactly what you wanted? Awesome. Keep doing it.
We don't have to get out and wheel all the time to keep things alive.
I'll be spending a heavy amount of time this winter working on the new project. I'm far from most of you, but come by. Come drink beer and watch, tell me what I'm doing wrong, or help put shit together. Stop in say hi and go hit some
Shit near me.
Who cares.
Point is, BOD is just a representation of the chapter. If the chapter doesn't want to put forth the effort, nothing BOD does can change that. If the chapter as a whole is more active, then BOD has more to go off with trends and habits of those active.
We have good car shows, expos, awesome wheeling, and a huge base of people in our area. It's purely a lack of interest, effort, and communication.
Want more, do more.

That's all.

I like what you're saying, but here on the forum in the BS thread or what are you doing to your heep thread, the message seems to be "I'm doing this" but not "Bring a 6 pack and come on over and hang out while I'm working on this..." Just a thought. Put differently, the forum seems to be based on individualistic accomplishments that are discussed rather than a group that hangs out frequently. So, with a bit different 'tone' it could be different... I've gotten the impression that years ago it was different but many of the folks here have gotten older, rigs are already built, and busy with wives and kids and work which keeps interaction low... so hanging out becomes an event rather than a casual meet up. And of course for anyone out of town I-25 is a disaster. Even 50 is a disaster with the seasonal campers.

Are you still up by DIA at all or are all you down in Montrose for good now?

Last edited:
^thats my point.
All the bitching but no one is making the effort themselves. **** em.

Montrose.

Food for thought. I go and kick tires with Flores every once and a while. The guy always has people over. Maybe he will chime in with what he's doing to create that atmosphere locally.

I believe a better avenue to solicit these get togethers is Facebook because the traffic here is stale relatively compared browski.

So as is visible in other threads over the last year, people seem to be pushing on BOD hard and expecting things to go a certain way and BOD better make it happen.
News flash:
ITS YOUR CHAPTER!
BOD doesn't have to set everything up. wanna get with some guys in you area? Post up. Pick a spot. Pick a time. Post. And see what happens?
Nothing? Welcome to how BOD feels.
Exactly what you wanted? Awesome. Keep doing it.
We don't have to get out and wheel all the time to keep things alive.
I'll be spending a heavy amount of time this winter working on the new project. I'm far from most of you, but come by. Come drink beer and watch, tell me what I'm doing wrong, or help put shit together. Stop in say hi and go hit some
Shit near me.
Who cares.
Point is, BOD is just a representation of the chapter. If the chapter doesn't want to put forth the effort, nothing BOD does can change that. If the chapter as a whole is more active, then BOD has more to go off with trends and habits of those active.
We have good car shows, expos, awesome wheeling, and a huge base of people in our area. It's purely a lack of interest, effort, and communication.
Want more, do more.

That's all.

:roflmao:......... BOD is just a representation of the chapter....... If this is the case then I guess we don't need BOD then..... because I have plenty of NAXJA stickers on my pile representing ..... that is when I can drive it.... :rolleyes:
The problem is people are broke, their junk is broke, both or they are working their ass off to pay bills...... If it's an inconvenience to arrange things to do requardless of who shows up then quit and let someone else do it that is not so easily inconvenienced...... :rtm:

What?
I'm not saying host cofest yourself. I'm saying if ya get a free day, can't wheel, but gonna wrench or whatever, extend the opportunity to others. There are plenty of guys I see when we meet for gun shows or football or anything else that doesn't include wheeling or money. Time is a rare commodity, I understand that very well. But guys just need a chance to see what this place is about for any growth or development to happen around here.

What?
I'm not saying host cofest yourself. I'm saying if ya get a free day, can't wheel, but gonna wrench or whatever, extend the opportunity to others. There are plenty of guys I see when we meet for gun shows or football or anything else that doesn't include wheeling or money. Time is a rare commodity, I understand that very well. But guys just need a chance to see what this place is about for any growth or development to happen around here.

I can agree here! And I have done that but nobody wants to drive down this way unless they are doing Indy?? I have organized trips and had one or none show.... All my wheeling buddies down here have moved out of state or sold their junk.... so it's just me with little to no time for anything. :eye:

Back