• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Value Question

hjeepxj

#OCDINK
NAXJA Member
Looking at 2 x 2000 XJ's on Monday - both classics - one has 143k (Silverstone) and one has 155k (Blue).

Highly interested in the silver one, it's 100% stock, great interior, leather, wood grain, agate color, over head console, overall great shape. No visible rust, it was in Dillon for most of its life and it's carfax is clean.

Thanks in advance!!! REALLY hoping to get back in to XJ's soon. :bs::gee:!!!1:shhh:

They are worth about $3000 but finding one one quickl for that is not common as many sellers ask $6000 for their nearly 20 year old 150k mile econo box , expect to pay $4500 if wanting one quick. I have looked at CL and 75% of sellers are delusional folks looking to get a beam up by Captain Kirk ...lol...a beat up basically stock xj on a 3.5 lift no axle upgrades is no longer listed as a dented up bucket-o-shyt for $1000-1500 but rather a "rock crawler" ...lol...commanding a $6000 asking price .

They are worth about $3000 but finding one one quickl for that is not common as many sellers ask $6000 for their nearly 20 year old 150k mile econo box , expect to pay $4500 if wanting one quick. I have looked at CL and 75% of sellers are delusional folks looking to get a beam up by Captain Kirk ...lol...a beat up basically stock xj on a 3.5 lift no axle upgrades is no longer listed as a dented up bucket-o-shyt for $1000-1500 but rather a "rock crawler" ...lol...commanding a $6000 asking price .

Thank you for the info! The XJ I currently have was bought in '99, so it's been a while since I had any idea of value. I think it was $4300 if I remember right. :D

Do you have the ad you can post for us?

You aren't giving us much information.

How much are they asking?

For what it's worth, they are asking WAY too much...$8900 I think. I have come to realize craigslist is not necessarily the best price barometer for XJs... :lecture::D

Back