• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wonder if it is legit...

$9350.00 for a super clean low mileage Jeep sounds like a great deal. These things have a lot more character and capability than the modern crap that is for sale out there - Nissans, Tacos, and Yotas. Try to buy any other low mileage, clean 4WD, American iron and see which side of $20K you end up on - let alone which side of $10K.

There are a handfull of legit sub-20K mile XJs still out there. I just spent the last year looking for one and was able to look at five. All were priced ~$9K-$11K and none were highly optioned. I'll pick up a 1988 XJ/Pioneer this week. It has <4500 legit miles on the odo and a well documented history. I'll find out if I done good on the 1500 mile drive home ;) . However, I'm thinking I saved a crap ton of money by not buying a Yota or Taco. If you are in the market, pick it up (I promise you won't see another like it at the local Piggly Wiggly or HEB)

I bought my 2000 new,it took 6 yrs to hit 20k miles!

05/09/2002 Chrysler Manufacturer Safety recall issued
#B06 INTAKE MANIFOLD DEBRIS SHIELD

08/03/2009 19,827 Auto Auction Sold at auction in Southeast Region
Listed as
a fleet vehicle

08/04/2009 Twin City Mazda
Alcoa, TN
865-970-3900
www.twincitymazda.com
Vehicle offered for sale

08/11/2009 19,828 Twin City Buick
Alcoa, TN
865-970-2977
www.twincitybuick.com
Turn signal/hazard flasher replaced
Front wiper blades/refills replaced
Oil and filter changed chassis lubricated
Battery replaced
Washed/detailed
Safety inspection performed

08/14/2009 19,841 Online Listing Vehicle offered for sale

Looks to be legit there's the detailed carfax it showed.

I'm thinking I saved a crap ton of money by not buying a Yota or Taco.
there are 3 things wrong with this quote.

A: its well known "Yota's and taco's" are alot cheaper in almost every aspect then a jeep.
B: How would you save money by buying a 8 year old jeep for 10 grand over a 20 year old toyota for 3 grand?
C:isnt a "taco" a toyota? it sounds like you think one is a nissan?

Disclaimer: Yes i said toyota is cheaper.. dont get your panties in a bunch.

Maybe he means yota pickup or a taco :)

That's what I thought when I read it anyway.

A: its well known "Yota's and taco's" are alot cheaper in almost every aspect then a jeep.
B: How would you save money by buying a 8 year old jeep for 10 grand over a 20 year old toyota for 3 grand?

Jeez...did we wake up on the wrong side of the country?

A Taco's is a Tahoe - a Texas thang that I wouldn't expect a left coaster to understand.
Not ragged out, the ole Jeep will likely bottom out in price ~$5K. Assuming to put 100,000 miles on it before resell......I'm thinking most of us would consider .05/mile is pretty cheap transportaion regardless of brand.

Happy Day!

shouldn't a Taco be a Tacoma? :D

That XJ shows to have been sold as some kind of government vehicle. I believe it, 'cause the options show it's a really base model, but with 4-wheel antilock brakes, all skid plates, and a full size spare! And those are the original tires (look close, you can see the age cracks in the sidewall)! Still, too much, probably $7k would be more like it. I bet the dealer bought it for a song. Someone needs to hit them with an offer of $6k or so, mentioning that it's such a low-end model, blah, blah, and see what they say. Can't hurt!

I've never heard a Tahoe called a taco...

Same in the northeast, Taco == Tacoma...

I still don't think Yotas are cheaper than Jeeps....

Taco = yummy food
Taco = my friend Tacoma Morrisey (girl I know)
Taco = Toyota Tacoma

Taco ≠ Chevy Tahoe

Nice try

Maybe he is referring to the Tahoe as a taco cuz of all the Mexicans that drive them!

I'm saddened taco guy never came back to this thread :(

It all depends on what you're doing. You can buy a cheap XJ throw some junk yards springs at it, buy some control arms and be ready to go. Most Toyotas are IFS and more expensive to lift, but can be built more easily and cheaply into desert racer.

Back