• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Swap Steering and Track Bar Questions.

awesome almost same thing im gonna do except im using 1.5x .25 dom on drag link also and my trackbar is getting shortened and it wont be heims there, i can definitely use these measurements for reference, hows everything look? good clearance and whatnot?

You should get 72" of tubing then. I used 69" of tubing between the tie rod and the drag link.

alright will do, hopefully here soon ill be ordering everything.

Just ordered everything, im not sure if you realized it or not but there is a coupon code "FACEBOOK" you enter during checkout its 15% off entire order i saved like 34 bucks.

Using 7/8-18 tube adapters with 1.5" .25 wall DOM and 1 Ton offset TRE's...........

There... fixed. ;)

(my first NAXJA posting)

Nice to see your in Lakeside... it's where my in-laws live. My wife and I are in Clairemont, just around the corner.

I found this thread as I've been doing an "upgrade" to my ZJ. The previous owner or PO before him, did some mickey mouse welds and had some oddball band-aids. I've been taking care of all that.

First off... Teraflex does have offset TREs in stock taper AND 1ton taper (large GM). I used some offset 1ton GM TREs for my tie-rod and knuckle side of my drag link. No to clear my OTA Track bar mount, but my sway bar discos. Previous owner moved the pass disco up high, and it was hokey.

(I bought my GM 1 ton offset TREs (EX23434R, EX23434L) from eBay for $29.99 and free USPS Priority shipping. They even came with Tube Inserts!)

I had to use/borrow the Snapon R121 reamer to make room for my new larger taper on my Teraflex (OTK) steering knuckles, but just in case ordered a 7° taper reamer which came today. Anyone need to borrow... pm me.

... good to see some local wagon (Cherokee) owners. I don't daily drive my ZJ, but it does take the dogs to the beach on Sundays. I am new to wheelin', but not to off-road (dirt biker and desert go'er since embryo). :thumbup:

Oh, one last thing. At full droop 12" of shortbody 7100's with RK 3 link the 24" extended brake lines are not long enough. I'll be ordering some 30 or 32" lines tomorrow.

This makes me nervous.... I just ordered new lines to replace my fronts (as one has a goober in it - and I don't trust it). They are 26" and they claim 4-6" of lift. I didn't measure my current lines (doh!), and have no ability to droop (in my driveway) my suspension to check length. ...how do YOU check?

Last time I was at pancake rock... I flexed A LOT, and didn't have any issues. Hmmm.... Maybe I'm worrying about nuttin. ;)

Back