• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We have any Veterinarians here?

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Have a 6yo Lab at the vets since yesterday am, would like to speak with another vet for 2nd opinions.

Montana is a female who seems to have neck pain and peralysis in hind quarters. Blood work shows no toxins but slightly anemic, xrays show no abnormalities. They keep asking if it's possible she could have been hit by a vehicle, no cuts or scratches and i live at a dead end with 65 acres of woods alongside. In 6 years i'v never seen her leave my property other than to play around in the woods alongside.

Some googlefu shows results which sound like it could be Tick Peralysis. We thought she was going to pass the other night.. wife and kids crying. Ok i'v been too..

Sure would like to speak with an experienced Vet if we have one. PM if you like.

An MRI would most likely show spinal cord trauma if present, but that is big bucks. I grew up on the farm and my dad went to vet school so we always did all our own work. My daughter is a vet. I will see if I can talk to her and see what she says.

I'm sorry for the loss- I've been through it twice in the last year, and it doesn't get any easier with each one.

The only thing you can do is remember the good times and be glad it didn't drag on any longer than it had to.

Shorty

There are plenty of good dogs at the shelter/pound that need you. You might adapt a new friend in commemoration of your lost dog...not necessarily right away, but when you are ready....

Back