• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted 97-01 XJ

J Pugh

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I'm back (sort of). I'm returning in a little less than a month from a year-long deployment, and I'm dead set on getting an XJ as my DD when I get back. I sold my TJ before coming out here, so I'll need a vehicle pretty much immediately when I get back. I'm on CL constantly, but if you guys know of something not on CL, let me know!

What I'm looking for:
- Only 97-01
- Preferably a 98 (or anything with the good 0630 head and the corp rear)
- It's going to be my DD and road trip vehicle so I'd like it to be mostly stock and in good shape (fixable problems are ok, but ripped up interior/banged up exterior not ok)
- Must have cruise
- I'll pay good money for a limited with the heated seats (For my wife lol)
- Willing to travel to pick up a good Jeep
- Not interested in purple, brown, teal, etc

Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting into another XJ and joining you soon

So I bought one in Nashville a few weeks back for a buddy in Chattanooga who's wife said she wanted one. Head gasket was blown. Checked it out, jeep had tones of potential for a DD. Very clean.
He comes up and we get to work on it and took a lot of care in what we replaced as this was for the wife. Let me know if you want it. He travels to Knoxville regularly as part of his job.

Here is the listing and pics:
NEW:
-Brand new (not used or pulled from anything, NEW) cylinder head and related gaskets/spark plugs
-A/C system ( condenser, compressor, dryer)
-Cooling system ( radiator, water pump, t-stat, overflow jug and related hoses/gaskets)
-Battery
-New Tires ( 235/75r15 Destination A/T on gold snowflake wheels)
-Hub/Unit Bearings and ujoints on the front axle
-Lower control arms ( tubular out of a 3inch kit )
-rear brakes/drums
-Newer front brakes/rotors
-Headliner
-Stereo (media player, no cd's), front and rear speakers
-oil pressure sending unit
-Trans fluid
-Oil change/ mopar filter
-Air filter
-O2 Sensors are newer and all functioning properly
-Rear lift gate struts
-Headlights

The jeep is about as solid as they come, no rust underneath, all floorpans and normal rust spots are good.

Paint is pretty good for the most part, Oxidation on the hood and roof typical of the year.

Interior is 8/10 - all switches and interior lights work, I replaced the door check on the driver door and repaired a broken wire for the speaker. Replaced the master switch on the driver door, all other doors work as they should.

I bought this for my wife to drive but she decided it was too small for her needs. There's no pressure for the jeep to be out of my way so extreme variations from my asking price will be ignored. I'm willing to negotiate to a reasonable degree.
The only real blemish on the jeep is where someone clearly didn't know how to break into a car with a coat hanger and mangled the paint on the A-pillar. There are no leaks from the door seal.
Any other information please PM me- I don't normally reply to comments.
I am asking $3,800.00 Cash.
I am NOT interested in trades unless:
you have a 2005 or newer van ( the things soccer moms drive).

PARTIAL trade for a small pickup ( s10 or something that runs and drives well. does not have to be pretty.

http://imgur.com/a/Rd0kv

I can also move a Chili Pepper red 98, stock. It's not as nice and nothing has been replaced on it but its got potential as well if someone wanted to do more work on it.

Last edited:
That one looks pretty good, does it have cruise? Doesn't look like it. I'll keep it in mind though, I'm sure cruise is a pretty easy J/Y add-on.

You got info/pictures of the 98?

I can add CC if that's the needed motivation. No pics on the red one at the moment.

Thanks for the help everyone who responded here and PM'd me. My wife just closed the deal on a real gem from craigslist. Post to follow.

Back