• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted 89 AW4 for 2 WD

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
Not in any hurry, but I am on the look out for a spare 89 AW4, 2 WD automatic transmission with low mileage, or already rebuilt, in good working order. I am in Houston TX.

2000 to 89 will work, but you have to swap your tailcone and OSS and I've never checked how things work out with a 2wd swap across the 95/96 slip yoke design change split.

Ecomike,
Get ahold of RMS692. I think we(he) have 1 out back. It came out of a 93' I think when we did the 4x4 swap on the kids jeep. PM him or call if you got the number. I'm on my way over there in a sec to put my rear D44 under my Jeep. I'll make sure he checks his PM's or just PM us your number and we will call you.....

Ecomike,
Get ahold of RMS692. I think we(he) have 1 out back. It came out of a 93' I think when we did the 4x4 swap on the kids jeep. PM him or call if you got the number. I'm on my way over there in a sec to put my rear D44 under my Jeep. I'll make sure he checks his PM's or just PM us your number and we will call you.....

IIRC he Pm'd me already a while back, but I don't want a 93, I want an 89 (or 87-89 only). I am in no hurry, and I don't want to deal with compatability issues. I am also hoping for one that does not have a lot of miles on it yet, if there is such a thing, LOL.

Back