• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Valve cover washer/sleeve

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
anyone have one of those special formed washers for the late 4.0 stamped steel valve covers? My roommate was helping me replace the VC gasket on my heep and managed to drop one and we can't find it anywhere. If you have one or two that you'd be willing to drop in an envelope for me I'd be forever in your debt. I called two dealerships, one said that they would have to order the part, the other apparently looked farther and said it'd been discontinued by Chrysler...?

thanks,

Nate

Pm me a photo of what you need, I have a ton of random engine bolts and a know a full set of valve cover bolts

Will do, I'll have to get it tomorrow though, I just read your message and all the ones I have are on the heep just in case I have to move it :) Sucks not having a garage anymore...

Pics if anyone else has a well stocked junk box

VCHdw1.jpg

VCHdw2.jpg

if you don't come up with any, i'm going to the junkyard this weekend and can grab you a handful of those. i had some spares left over when i swapped a later vc onto my renix, can't find any of them now.....damn.

I think I got it under control, but you may want to pick some up anyway 'cause apparently if you drop one and lose it you are well and truly boned through normal channels.

Back