• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying to figure this one out....

My bet - thermostat, combined with a heavily sludged or plugged heater core as well as possibly a dying blower motor. The temp delta between the HC inlet water and the air is way larger on the 88, as well as the temp delta HC inlet to outlet being smaller. This tells me that something is keeping the heat out of the air and in the coolant, which means either not enough coolant flow, not enough heat transfer through the tubing, or not enough air flow. Probably one of the first two, since not enough airflow would make for hotter, slower moving air now that I think about it.

Oh, and make sure the heater control valve is opening all the way too - if it's only opening a little, you will get very little flow through the heater core. My bet is against this one, since that would result in low air temp, but would also result in a much higher temp delta HC inlet to outlet (i.e. outlet temp will be much lower.)

Last edited:
Back