• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Traveling for work, and some things changing on the Jeep!

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
So last week I got asked if I wanted to go to the Phoenix branch. And for those who don't know what I do for work, I drive a front end loader at the place called Insurance auto auctions. Been there for 4 years as of this upcoming February.

Anyways! I will be gone till Friday. But, this is the first time I've gotten to go. Since I have been asking for about a year and a half. They wouldn't let me though cause we were super busy. Just wanted to tell you guys since I haven't been on here for a while.

Also building a 73 ford HP Dana 44, and the 9 inch from the same truck. Starting to get things together just need brakes for all 4 corners, all the little stuff for the spindles. Will be running just the drivers high steer arm. And putting the tie rod on top on the knuckles. Diff cover up front ( may use the Crane one on my rear 44. 5.13 gears which I have a line on some. ARB up front and gonna run the factory locker/limited slip. Seemed like it still worked. Eventually gonna go with a yukon grizzly locker. Gonna just run the stock shafts for now till tax season gonna go with Rcvs. And yukons or another brand.

I hope the trip goes well!

The biggest difference I have seen between the front and rear covers is the position of the fill plug. The high pinon, front axles have the plug set higher than the rear axle's cover. I don't remember if the low pinion front axles have the plug set higher or not.

I looked up some of my old pictures, the low pinion does indeed have the fill plug sitting lower in the cover.

Back