• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires scarce?

asymptonic

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
First time in the life of my '98 tires in the stock size of P225/R75-15 have very few options, including a couple being back ordered. Have run the Firestone AT's happily for more than 10 years but they seem not to be around anymore. Have manufacturers abandoned this size?

Moving on, can I move up to a P235 size on my DD? Should I? Main considerations being a 90% DD are MPG and not rubbing. When offroad it's 4x4 roads with sand and mud with no crawling.

First time in the life of my '98 tires in the stock size of P225/R75-15 have very few options, including a couple being back ordered. Have run the Firestone AT's happily for more than 10 years but they seem not to be around anymore. Have manufacturers abandoned this size?

Moving on, can I move up to a P235 size on my DD? Should I? Main considerations being a 90% DD are MPG and not rubbing. When offroad it's 4x4 roads with sand and mud with no crawling.

The P235 is a 'stock' size. I think I ran some some years back. I don't remember any rubbing. I also, don't think you'll lose any or much MPG. I'd run 6 ply (C ??) for MPG. Although I am running 31's (actually Metric) and 10 ply (E). I got a mixture of 17.4 to 18.3 MPG on a recent trip. Much of it in WV and across the Turnpike in PA. Surprising the trip through the Turnpike was 18.2 MPG. I did run 38 PSI tire pressure. I had other issues, as a leaking exhaust manifold.

Back