• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

These guys are hauling the mail.

I can't even begin to remotely grasp the speed at which they're moving. I can't imagine having to anticipate the road at those speeds. ZERO room for a slight miscalculation of the curve or elevation of the road........ those guys are miliseconds from becoming pink mist at any given time.

Just nuts.

having done over 180 in a straight line on a bike, i dont think i want to be corner carving at that speed. that race is nuts.

tumblr_m9bmztDDeJ1rtlett.gif

I try to watch it every year one of the HD channels used to cover it for a few days. Those guy/gals are just nuts and I could never do it and it has me at the edge of my seat just seeing it. I like the sidecar races too, watching the passenger climb all over the sidecar around the turns is a lot of fun.

I just find it hard that they do this on streets and not a track.OVER 195 mph a lot of the time on city streets.Thats just nuts.Look how close the walls and houses are to them.I went thru a few more of the videos of them racing in the rain at the same speeds.

Wow, titanium balls right there.

They'd have to be, anything heavier would screw woth the bike's handling

Lol, my thoughts exactly..........Need like buttons for posts like that :D

Nope, MPH. Those guys have insane reflexes. If you watch at 2:00 or so, you see a bike lift on a rise and start being squirrelly. The rider gets it back under control in 2 seconds and barely lifts the throttle.

If my XJ ever develops death wobble, I won't whine about it after seeing that!

having done over 180 in a straight line on a bike, i dont think i want to be corner carving at that speed. that race is nuts.

Yeah, those roads would be fun at reasonably fast speeds on four wheels...........on two at 180+..........HHEEEEEEEEELLL NO:shiver:

On average more the 2 a year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Snaefell_Mountain_Course_fatal_accidents

I'm beginning to think the US is the only place in the world where the public doesn't stand on the course of major motorsport events. 'Probably the overabundance of lawyers here.

Hell, they wanted to build Chicagoland Speedway where I live and people here and the two towns that would be closest to the track all threw tantrums over it. Didn't want the traffic, drunken hooligans (guess the local ones without money are better than ones bringing cash with them), didn't want the possibilty of a "race shop" selling drugs (not like that would be difficult to find anyway), ect. Something like this, WRC races, even Targa Newfoundland would probably make peoples heads explode with rage...............can't image if we had something like Sturgess or the fictional Horizon Festival happen here:wow:

Complacent residents or not, street races like this, the baja races, or the targa newfoundland (that was the one featured in "love the beast", right?)... WILL NEVER happen here in the US.

Its just not gonna happen, liability is too much of a bitch.

Good for people who live/represent places like Isle of mann, baja california, or even around the targa newfoundland track. Good for them not letting the panty-waste's run their lives.

Risk is the essance of life. We could safe tens or even hundreds of lives a year by requiring everyone to wear a helmet at all times. But that shit aint worth it. Safety can never be garuntee'd 100%.

I just find it hard that they do this on streets and not a track.OVER 195 mph a lot of the time on city streets.Thats just nuts.Look how close the walls and houses are to them.I went thru a few more of the videos of them racing in the rain at the same speeds.

Some spots are even cobble stone.

hardcore ftw. :guitar:

Back