• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Terra Nova

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody watching?

Earliest conclusion I've drawn so far: In 2149, they don't beat their kids enough.

I have seen the first two episodes. Kinda neat. Watching it with the 13 year old twin boys. One loves the guns and the vehicals and the other loves the dinos.

So far I like it, lets see if they can keep it up and not destroy it like almost every network does... Oh and A++ for it not being another stupid Fox reality show! I wonder if they are shooting this at fox studios, that is less than 1/4 mile from my house.

I would love to build those trucks though haha.

Anyone else notice that the head guy is the Colonel from Avatar, with less muscle?

Anyone else notice that the head guy is the Colonel from Avatar,..
Yeah, 'noticed that.

After last night I'm betting:

- Idiot-boy, who skipped orientation, gets sick because he didn't drink his protein drink for three days.

- The colony plan isn't to start over on a new time line, but to change the current one so that the environmental disaster doesn't happen. Nefarious govt. plot that nobody is aware of.

- The "sixers" know about the plot and intended to stop the change.

- About the time idiot-boy falls hard for the colony leader's daughter, his old GF is going to show up.

- The strange markings on the rocks from the colony leader's son are his answers trying to figure out how to get back(go forward through the rift.)

Plot holes and questions so far:

- They can't go forward through the rift, but they can send personnel requests?

- Is there some prohibition on alcohol that makes it easier to distill it outside the fence? 'Couldn't do that in a closet?

- Are they being environmentally friendly toward the dinos or what? Even vehicle mounted and crew served weapons wont put them down? What the hell? 'They shooting 5.56 or something?

Screaming around in an environment containing fast, large carnivores,.. in open-sided vehicles with no doors. OK, 10 for cool factor and machismo,.. 0.0 for brains and good judgment.

They have pickup sized vehicles, and large scale wind turbines. Unlikely they made them there, so carried through from the future,.. Seems like it wouldn't have been a stretch to send a helicopter or enclosed ultralight for recon/transport work.

Yeah, 'noticed that.

After last night I'm betting:

- Idiot-boy, who skipped orientation, gets sick because he didn't drink his protein drink for three days.

- The colony plan isn't to start over on a new time line, but to change the current one so that the environmental disaster doesn't happen. Nefarious govt. plot that nobody is aware of.

- The "sixers" know about the plot and intended to stop the change.

- About the time idiot-boy falls hard for the colony leader's daughter, his old GF is going to show up.

- The strange markings on the rocks from the colony leader's son are his answers trying to figure out how to get back(go forward through the rift.)

Plot holes and questions so far:

- They can't go forward through the rift, but they can send personnel requests?

- Is there some prohibition on alcohol that makes it easier to distill it outside the fence? 'Couldn't do that in a closet?

- Are they being environmentally friendly toward the dinos or what? Even vehicle mounted and crew served weapons wont put them down? What the hell? 'They shooting 5.56 or something?

Screaming around in an environment containing fast, large carnivores,.. in open-sided vehicles with no doors. OK, 10 for cool factor and machismo,.. 0.0 for brains and good judgment.

They have pickup sized vehicles, and large scale wind turbines. Unlikely they made them there, so carried through from the future,.. Seems like it wouldn't have been a stretch to send a helicopter or enclosed ultralight for recon/transport work.

hahahahahaha that is just a funny because its soooo true but yeah so far good.. Like all good horror movies its important to walk around and make as much noise as possible to let the baddies know where you are rather than slink around quietly and be invisible and thus either sneak up on them or just avoid them all together..

themud
ps and the gf that shows up later will be a "sixer"..

UAV

I've watched the first two episodes. I'm disappointed thus far.

Too much soap opera drama, not enough surviving in the past with dinosaurs.

What did you guys expect from a primetime sci-fi series.... they're often watered down and/ or retarded for the dim-witted masses. V was another example of a stupid primetime show. Battlestar was the last/ decent sci-fi series worth watching, and even it got a little squirrely near the end. Supernatural was alright for a while, but it also got pretty weird during the last season.

They should have something more aggressive than the Cooper Discoverer ST's they use on their lil vehicles..

What did you guys expect from a primetime sci-fi series.
I expect something decent to watch.
Yeah, that would work. Anything with a little more maneuverability then a balloon.
Too much soap opera drama, not enough surviving in the past with dinosaurs.
The drama part doesn't bother me that much. 'Pretty much have to live with a lot of nonsense for the first few episodes of anything, while the writers lay the groundwork for the show. They have to get all that crap in fast, before ratings sink out of sight.

What bothers me is unrealistic drama. If I'm left scratching my head thinking, "Does anyone really do that?" there's a problem.
For the current show: Major plot point: The husband, a prison escapee, smuggles a third child through the rift. Does this happen often? Ever? It's a small community. The security team transmitted the fact of the two spares when they got through.
The wife's ex-boyfriend acts surprised to see him there. He wouldn't have heard? Oh, he was off in the jungle, and missed the news. Right! So he gets back, sees ANY of the lab or hospital workers, and casually asks, "Where's the new doctor? 'wanna say hello to her."
Response: "Did you hear! She brought her husband, and they have THREE kids!"

My guess is ole Jimbo would be greeted with, "Hey, you're that guy!.." Hell, I'd bet even the sixers would have heard about him by day two.

i barely made it through the first episode, I thought it was horrible and it was the only show I was excited to watch this season.

the head guy reminds me of Scorpio from the simpsons

I still think it is better than half the shows fox produces, I am sooooooo sick of reality shows!!!

No Doubt. It's something different from the norm... cop drama, lawyer drama, geek comedy, fat couple comedy, etc....

I still think it is better than half the shows fox produces, I am sooooooo sick of reality shows!!!
Reality programming,..Does that really qualify as "production"? I never get sick of reality shows, because I never watch them. Saw 10 minutes of "Survivor, Africa" - think it was the 2nd season? Lifetime fill of reality television.

Saw the 3rd episode of T.N. last night,.. not real impressed. 'Gonna keep watching for a while,.. but I don't like the direction it seems headed.

Back