• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team Cheerokee Rant

cartbart

NAXJA Forum User
I'm pretty angry about this so allow me to get on my soap box for a min. :soapbox:

My jeep is my baby and when anything breaks i like to make sure i can get the best parts possible to fix it. So when the weather stripping was falling apart i decided to order a whole new complete set just to make it easier ans make sure every piece on the car was perfect. I ordered a brand new set of complete weather stripping for the car from team Cherokee paid about 322.50 plus 30 dollars shipping.

Well about a month later i finally get my package and start putting the seals on. Nothing fits !!! not a single piece. This isnt just a basic they need to be trimmed sort of thing they are all too short by inches. I call them for a week one time every other day leave a message and send 3 emails. before some one finally answered they never called back. They admit they they sent me the incorrect seals tell me to box them up and send them back. so now im paying for shipping both ways. Months later their is no replacement seals no refund and now enough time has passed i cannot file a complaint with visa and get my money back so im out 380 dollars and still have to order new seals.

Needless to say i will never be dealing with this company again and will be filing a complaint with the BBA

Way back they were first class. Rumor has it that they were sold. All I know is that it seems almost everybody has problems now.

I used them 3 months ago for a replacement driver side inner door handle assembly. They sent the passenger side assembly and i couldnt get a hold of them either. Luckily it was just the handle itself that was broke so i was able to take the new handle, do some tweaking, and put it on my old assembly. Now i understand why the price was cheaper then anywhere else.

I placed an order on 18MAY2015 and after almost a month of no contact or return contact, I opened a paypal dispute and filed a complaint on BBB, I just got off the phone with them today and they were able to refund my money.

I would really like to open a class action suite against them or find another way to shut their doors. This is unacceptable business practice and I don't want anymore people getting screwed over than already has. I will spread the word on the forums as best I can for now, until I can sit down with legal counsel next week.

Back in the day they had actual NOS parts that no one else had. Some of them went on my old 96 XJ.

Over the last few years they got bought by kenosha customs or whatever, mostly switched over to being a shit-tier rugged ridge reseller (while claiming their products are NOS parts and/or OEM produced, when they show up ill fitting, low quality, and obviously not made by the original supplier) and I've heard rumors that a ton of people who knew what they were talking about either quit or were let go recently.

These are all the marks of a company circling the drain and I haven't bought from them in years as a result.

Back