• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Take a look at this XJ please

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/5924691284.html

A friend of mine is interested in this XJ. Book is right at 3 grand in good condition. It looks clean but CEL looks to be on in one pic where it's idling and the suspension seems odd. Front end looks really low and the back looks too high. He hasn't seen it yet but texted it to me. Price is wayyyyyy high.

Mileage is low. However in second to last pic with front pass door open you can see rust on top of the rocker at the b pillar. My guess is the rest of the jeep is a giant rusty mess. For that price? No way.

Good eye Mike. Thanks.

I'd pass it by also.
Same basic reasons. It's hard to see, but I think the rockers are toast. That's doesn't mean the truck is a rusty mess, but it's not a positive good sign. I'd bet there isn't much behind the bumper valences, and the lower door seam is rusted.
Not too worried about the stance, that's usually just springs on an XJ, esp if it's seen any trail use.

For the right price, it's an awesome winter beater/trail rig.
Problem is, that's not the right price ;)

......... And those are some hideous headlights. Look to be modified fit with the angled top corner..... yuk.

Rear Bushwhackers aren't installed correctly.

Wow $6200 ...lol...he needs to lop off the roof from b-pillar back and put some "mancheese" badging on it then it should sell.:eyes:

In my year and a half working out there, I saw a total of 6 XJs, all rusty hunk of junks. I saw that many on the way home from the airport here.

This is an old friend who I hadn't heard from in years but who reached out the other night and things are challenging for him right now. His vehicle is a 2003 WRX and it dropped #4 cylinder (no compression) with 130,000 on it. He doesn't know the real issue with it but I suspect it's broken rings or piston (fairly common on those). He's not mechanically inclined and the quote was right around 5 grand for a new motor build. He can't afford a new car and doesn't like the idea of dumping that much into the Subaru so I think he's just looking for options. He visited me out here back when I had my 96 so he's been looking at XJ's a bit too.

Well then find him one out here, pick him up at the airport and then it's road trip time!

Well everyone is entitled to their opinions. My 2002 Impreza was simply the best vehicle I've ever owned. No complaints at all in 310,000 miles

Back