• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STOLEN: 4L60E with Novak Billet Jeep Spline Adapter

the_midwesterner

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks, this is a complete long shot, but I figured I would post it up anyway.

My $2,500 freshly built trans got stolen from my buddies house between Thursday night and Friday night in Long Beach.
Its a standard late model 4L60E, with black AN fittings for the feed and return on the cooler. That thing had just completely been rebuilt, literally the day it was stolen!!! The biggest identifier is that it has the billet Novak jeep spline adapter bolted to the back of it. Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of the completed trans, but I'll attach a pic of the adapter. It should be a pretty easy spot since it's a standard case with a super shiny billet adapter on the end of it.

If you see it trying to be sold anywhere, like craigslist and such, it would be much appreciated if you could message me and let me know.
A police report has been filed, but it's doubtful there is much they can do, unless we find these pieces of shit and send the info to the cops.

Any help you guys could provide would be much appreciated!

The following pictures are off of Novak's site to reference what the adapter looks like. Its a super shiny tail piece.

kit_4l61_4l63.jpg

4l6x_assembly.jpg

I'll watch out in this area.

I'll stick my neck out here and venture that it went home with someone that either you or your buddy are acquainted with. Either of you post anything on social media about it?

Just guessing.

I'll watch out in this area.

I'll stick my neck out here and venture that it went home with someone that either you or your buddy are acquainted with. Either of you post anything on social media about it?

Just guessing.

I appreciate the vigilance!

Don't worry, I am not offended. I don't think that situation is possible though since I never posted anything on social media and about the only people that knew I built this thing were close buddies. On top of that, none of my other buddies knew it was at my buddy's place, from where it was stolen from, except him and I. We think it was the gardeners.

So here's what I think played out:
Trans was dropped off Thursday night at like 11pm. We put the trans under a table, underneath a tarp and stacked the tires in front of it. Gates were locked that night and were only unlocked for the gardeners Friday. He came home Friday after work and the stuff was still there. He locked up his gates and went out for the night. Saturday morning, I get a call and am told that it's gone. They also took a cherry picker, a couple other tools, a set of wheels/tires and my trans. The only people that had access that day with enough time to scope out what was there is the gardeners. They REALLY had to be looking since this thing wasn't just sitting out in plain view. They ended up getting in somehow, but to get out, they unscrewed the screws off the latch from the wooden fence in the back and more than likely just backed their truck up to the fence and loaded up.

Back