• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock wheeling locations - Pierce/Tacoma Area

Boxil

NAXJA Forum User
Just looking to see if anyone has any decent spots to wheel with a stock XJ. I know my stuff, just not gonna have the money or time to build my XJ until end of summer. Would still like to get out and play around a bit without knocking it around to much. Mainly around the Pierce county, Tacoma area. Thanks!

Yea Tahuya does look like a pretty decent spot for a stock rig. And its only about an hour from Tacoma so that is pretty reasonable as well. Thanks guys.

Anyone been out on JBLM range/training areas to wheel at all?

that brochure is incorrect when it talks about orv's. they have an ORV park just outside Scouts Out Gate in TA5. And all TA's east of SR507 are open for ORV use. And TA's 19-23 are open. Gotta go through MWR for the ORV passes and then contact Range Control. A brochure does not trump all.

Doesn't hurt when you are a veteran either.

that brochure is incorrect when it talks about orv's. they have an ORV park just outside Scouts Out Gate in TA5. And all TA's east of SR507 are open for ORV use. And TA's 19-23 are open. Gotta go through MWR for the ORV passes and then contact Range Control. A brochure does not trump all.

Doesn't hurt when you are a veteran either.

The ORV area is not for vehicles. It is for quads/dirt bikes.

Played around at Tahuya today and had a blast. It definitely isn't an expert or advanced trail system but they do have some spots where a built up rig could have some fun. I was challenged in my stock rig in a lot of places. I would recommend it for just going out and having fun but still staying close to home.

Back