• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

side by side ??'s

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking about getting a side by side. Wanting one to do some work around our property ...hauling dirt, firewood, and just normal debris from trees...maybe pulling a trailer. BUT I want something I can use for some off road as well since I'm spoiled and the mud and sand down here just doesn't attract me to go take out the jeeps but we have trails on our property and friends with acreage and the jeeps just are too big in some places. Maybe even something extra to bring to Harlan not to do the obstacles really but just to ride up and down the mountain on the main trails and around the campground.

I've read and re-read reviews on just about everything out there and have settled on a 2 seater (I think LOL) since we also have a 4 wheeler and a youth sxs (rzr 170) ...so all 5 of us would have a seat even if I get just a 2 seat machine.

I'm looking for some real world feedback from folks here.

So far I like the specs and price on the new Honda Pioneer 500 but I haven't sat in one yet so it may end up being too small for me at 6'3" and 260 lbs. Plus I like that most of the other machines have some sort of bed or cargo area but this has just a rack. The main thing I like is that it's NON CVT with actual gears to shift.

I've also heard/read the stories of the Polaris rangers not holding up well and being a maintenance nightmare once they get some hours/mileage on them. And sort of the same thing with the Kawasaki Mules (mainly when the belts get wet) and then the mules seem to be more suited for work than play.

I REALLY like the Can-Am Commander 800's ( I had a can-am 650 4 wheeler some time ago) but they are at the very top of my budget for payments and the cargo bed doesn't seem that big (although I know I can pull a trailer with one so that may not be an issue).

I am going to go ride as many as I can at the dealer before I make up my mind but again...some real world feedback would be awesome!

Last edited:
Use a Polaris 500 at work and it gets heavily beat on and abused and put away wet.

Back