• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short search terms needed

frijolee

NAXJA Forum User
Can certain short search terms be intentionally allowed when they would normally be excluded?

Example, there was just yet one more thread in the modified section asking about wj knuckles. Folks immediately jumped all over the guy telling him to search, yet you cannot search for "WJ" as a search term because it's too short.

At a minimum I'd start with all the jeep chassis codes, but I assume there are others.

Thats what they do here.Scream search at everybody.I learned to google everything and don't ask here anymore cause i got tired of the crap from these guys who yell search that don't know shit.I guess this is why they say it.

Next time try this
*WJ*

Ron, look closer... when I search exactly as you as recommended above it gives:

"Search: Keyword(s): knuckles

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: wj"

That's the problem in a nutshell. I'm a big rx7 guy and my local boards all added the ability to search fb, fc, and fd (our chassis codes). It's hugely helpful, but has to be done by the moderators in the forum control panels.

I don't see why we need to figure out work arounds which will not be obvious to the casual user when it should be simple to add this to the site settings. If needed, I'd be glad to get any mod interested in doing some good in touch with friends who moderate other forums to help them through the process.

Back