• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Semi Built 01 TJ FS or Trade for 97-01 XJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

green50gt

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to either sell this outright, or do a PARTIAL trade for a 97-01 XJ.

102k miles, 4.0, 5 speed, SYE with CV shaft, Full doors, Fog lights, Tow hooks, Brand new soft top, COLD ac, Cruise, Upgraded speakers all around, sub in console, PSC Cage, HP30/D44 combo with 4.88's and unknown lockers, 1" body, 3" suspension, OME shocks, All 5 33" MTR's on M/T Wheels - roughly 50% tread, gas/oil/steering skids, ZJ steering, RE hand throttle, Bumpers, TB spacer, K&N, yeah.

I drive the thing 60 miles a day, no issues there - but maybe rebalance the tires. The speedo is 5mph off, and the front fenders have some common rust bubbling.

Outright sale price of $9900 OR BEST REASONABLE OFFER. Full asking price I will include a super nice used Currie Steering system, New Rokmen trail corners, and New ORO litedots.

Partial Trade: This means a vehicle, and the rest in cash. If you are making an offer, I would need a full description, many pictures, and a value you assess your trade.

PM me if you have any interest.

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

Say Goshen, IN in his location field.

mac 'wish i had something nice to trade' gyvr

That would be a nice trade, but you'd end up giving me cash. :cheers:

You have some nice accessories on there but no lockers. The TJ may be $9000 on Kelly Blue Book, but a XJ with lockers front and rear is worth more than the TJ. I mean no offense, it's just that you're going to have to be realistic in your expectations.

Last edited:
That would be a nice trade, but you'd end up giving me cash. :cheers:

You have some nice accessories on there but no lockers. The TJ may be $9000 on Kelly Blue Book, but a XJ with lockers front and rear is worth more than the TJ. I mean no offense, it's just that you're going to have to be realistic in your expectations.

I am guessing you didn't read my ad? It's locked front and rear - I just don't know what brands..

/sigh/ Since we are having a conversation without offense, lets chat..

For giggles I went to kbb's website, priced my 01 Wrangler - and also an 01 Cherokee Classic - tried to set them up almost identical in miles, options, location, etc. to create an apples to apples situation. That yeilded in "fair" condition a $3500 difference in price!! It still really only is an apples to oranges comparison - but I imagine you get the point.

With that said - simply adding lockers onto the cherokee makes up a over a $3500 difference? I am afraid not.

EDIT**** Truthfully forgot that I listed this here for sale - On Jeepforum, Pirate, CL, and Greatlakes4x4 I have dropped my price to $8500 firm - with the front bumper NOT included at that price. The Steering, Corners, and Litedots are also NOT INCLUDED. They will be offered to a potential buyer, but otherwise will not be for sale. Can't edit my original ad so hopefully this last section gets seen. Thanks.

Last edited:
Oops, well, I'm not above admitting when I was wrong. I didn't see the "unknown lockers" wording. So at this point we'd be an even trade. LOL
My original point was that most guys went into XJs because they'll have the same for less.

Serious question though, why 4.88s with 33's,was it running 35s before?

Truthfully I bought it pretty much as is. I can say the 4.88's are stupid low(for the purpose of driving daily), but they are pretty sweet once you put it in 4 low and first gear. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back